"Why is this forum so dead?" asks Sean Bean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Why is this forum so dead?" asks Sean Bean

I'm sure it didn't used to be... When it was known as NTSC-UK.

Why is there noone here anymore?

Might be something to do with it having been 5.37 in the morning.

Comment

Yeah but still, even when it's not this early threads for major games have little to no conversation at all, I'm just wondering if there's a reason is all; like a load of users left after the name change for instance, or something like that...

Comment

It comes in waves, sometimes it's really quiet then it perks up for a bit.

Comment

i dont think its particularly the name change, but the site has changed focus quite a bit over the years. with hardly anybody importing anything these days. it seems to have become a more 'normal' but small forum. whereas before it had more of a particular point. theres nothing really here that you cant get anywhere else now. what used to be my favourite site is now one i visit least often.

Comment

I think the same, the quality or the entertainment is not there anymore. I rarely post now unless it's something that really interests me. Also the rebrand/takeover left a sour taste not to mention all the adverts on now, even the annoying little film ones for daft stuff like toothpaste or film trailers.

Comment

It's really weird because there were a load of people here and Charles wanted to increase the post traffic so he created a reward system where he would send top posters a lovely photo of his favourite body part. Somehow, in spite of that, many of the top posters didn't seem to come back. No idea why - I loved my pic. Very tasteful.

Comment

That's why I've just started posting again. Charles sending me a photo of "Little Charles" wearing a Greek Fisherman's cap as a way to entice me back was just too much to resist.

Comment

It seemed the other month there was a surge of activity, and then it cooled down agan.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    the adverts
                    This is just an experiment. It might not stay. They go away if you sign in. I was wondering if people would sign in to get rid of them and thus be more likely to post. Certainly got a fair few more signups. Some of the ads have been wtf? though....
                    Last edited by charlesr; 12-09-2012, 08:17.

Comment

I think there is quite a lot of general apathy in the industry at the moment. It seems only normal that would be reflected here. I myself haven't played much at all over the last month. Anything I have bought has been download only - nothing at retail for me for a while.

Comment

Last couple of weeks have been okay, bit slow this week. I really dont think is that much busier or slower than in anytime I've been here (posting crap since 2005)

Comment

Well I like it.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

me too - but i sense my gaming days are winding down now and its only a matter of time before I hang up my joystick.

Comment

I might start a trading thread selling joystick hooks for retiring gamers...

Comment

Working...
                              X