• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Eurogamer sucks.
    Q F T

Comment

Being stabbed would be more funny than that feature. It's an epic fail and I don't think it'll do Eurogamer any favours having it on their site despite the initial 'curiousity' traffic it attracts.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
        Being stabbed would be more funny than that feature. It's an epic fail and I don't think it'll do Eurogamer any favours having it on their site despite the initial 'curiousity' traffic it attracts.
        My thoughts exactly, and after the initial comments on the article on their site where those "that got the joke" faded away it seems most others agree. It just reads like a boring angry rant, a childish one at that

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
          Search for Independint Charles on Youtube, that's also Florence, and makes this column entirely likely.
          I searched for Independint but just found this:

Comment

It's all stuff that has been trodden thousands of times before, both seriously and in jest.

Comment

Awful website who take credit for other peoples work, not to mention the crap reviews and vast inaccuracies.

Comment

Well i like his dry black humour, maybe it's a Scottish thing, and i enjoyed his wacky views on consolevania, he kinda reminds me of our own beloved Sketcz, they think the same, have a weird view of the industry and our hobby, but most speak the truth and are pretty knowledgeable.

Comment

If this guy is a "comedy writer and performer" he really should quit his day job! Badum-tish!

Comment

Originally posted by cavalcade View Post
                    Uh huh. It's Rab. Rab Florence. Try following him on Twitter and check out Videogaiden and Consolevania for his "vibe".
                    And Burnistoun

Comment

He does try too hard to be surreal sometimes. As much as I loved Consolevania/videoGaiden's odd little moments, things like the Independint Charles Show and this article feel like wasted opportunities.

Comment

Reads like a rant by a petulant, feebleminded teenager out to shock. It's better than when he tried to do 'heartfelt' and 'sincere' on Eurogamer a few weeks back though: "I'm crying as I write this."

Comment

I've a lot of time for Rab but don't really enjoy this line of writing - if you've a problem with a particular line of journalism (and readers) then how about you just ignore them and get on with doing the work as you'd like to see it done. Lead by example.

Comment

Plus, if a site is going to post something satirical, it has to be above what it's critiquing. Not so for EG

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                              Plus, if a site is going to post something satirical, it has to be above what it's critiquing. Not so for EG
                              But its done its job, where talking about it now and i guess a few other sites are too,plus some people might visit the site just wondering about the post.

Comment

No doubt queuing lots of back patting at EG

Comment

Working...
                                X