No announcement yet.

New Dreamcast Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just get a region free BIOS fitted by Bad_Ad84.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      Just get a region free BIOS fitted by Bad_Ad84.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...read.php?39971

Okay...but taking into account that said link is for a two-year old AG forum post, how's about an actual answer to my original question?
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 21-01-2014, 23:09.

Comment

Using a boot disc is dumb. That's my point.

Anyway, that is a link to the guy's thread for you to contact him should you so wish to.

I recall Nakamura saying on Twitter earlier that DC-X isn't perfect, NTSC games run at 50Hz for example on a PAL machine - so he says.

But again, why use a 15 year old obsolete solution?

Comment

Possible new fighter for the Dreamcast - http://www.dcgaga.com/2014/01/new-dr...-for-2014.html

...I would prefer Capcom vs SNK 3 but in 2014 I will take whatever I can get.

Comment

Never mind Dreamcast, that looks F'ing amazing for a Mega Drive. I'll be buying this on pre-order for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Using a boot disc is dumb. That's my point.

Anyway, that is a link to the guy's thread for you to contact him should you so wish to.

I recall Nakamura saying on Twitter earlier that DC-X isn't perfect, NTSC games run at 50Hz for example on a PAL machine - so he says.

But again, why use a 15 year old obsolete solution?
              Because I don't know if I have the inclination to go and solder a 15-year old machine.

And note that I asked about other boot discs besides the DC-X as well.

Pedantry aside, cheers for the answer - I mean that.

Comment

I have noticed that many games run only in 50Hz via my DCX. NTSC is still the way as not all DC games have 60Hz.

Comment

You can reflash the bios on the DC. I believe we have a thread on it here somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu_Eclipse
                    How good are boot-discs like DC-X (and the others) for region-free gaming on a PAL DC?

I use another DC boot disc called DC-IE ('Import Enabler', I believe). I don't remember it ever running games at 50hz through RGB, but I've used VGA for years now and obviously stuff is 60hz through there. Worked with every game I've ever tried, too.

Might get a region free BIOS fitted though. I don't like disc swapping much, and I don't want to do the 1-wire region changing trick as I play games from all 3 regions.
                    Last edited by wakka; 22-01-2014, 08:47.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                      You can reflash the bios on the DC. I believe we have a thread on it here somewhere.
                      Region change is here on mmmonkey's site: http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/sega/dc-region.htm

Very easy to perform.

Comment

Speedy are you doing your BIOS change yourself? Or does bad_ad84 do installs too?

Comment

I don't have the tools to install I'm afraid.

Comment

Project Y all but confirmed for DC - http://www.dcgaga.com/2014/01/projec...dreamcast.html

Comment

there is a ltd ed DC over at VGI for ?4999!

Comment

Which version? Got a any links?

Comment

Working...
                                X