Where the Hell is Power Stone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news every (PAL) PSN+ user!!

PowerStone Collections is up for PSVita now and is only ?4!

Bargainous!!!!!

Comment

I don't get how people prefer 2 over 1. Apart from 4-player madness the first game is a much better fighter, the sequel's system is over-simplified.

Comment

I remember when the first game landed on my doorstep a week before the jp street date, I'd seen or heard nothing about it before apart from a couple of screens in Edge. I'd had hype over VF3 and Sonic but this was totally unseen. Immediately after starting the game up me and my friends had all our balls simultaneously blown off. None of us had seen or played anything like it. That was one of my most "omg next gen!!1" moments ever.

Comment

I remember some mates having a serious fall out over who's go it was next.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            I don't get how people prefer 2 over 1. Apart from 4-player madness the first game is a much better fighter, the sequel's system is over-simplified.
            1 feels more focused but I like 2 as a party game, as opposed to a straightforward fighter.

Comment

2 was chaotic madness. With a group it was one of the most fun fighters around. We set everything to random select. It was luck half the time.

Comment

Mainly because the single player is rather unbalanced and unfun in the first game, it's more race for the power stones as all the AI does is just run straight for the stones and who ever gets them wins the fight. Two players is fine but the single player was rubbish.

Second game is just much better over all and balanced.

Comment

I much prefered Powerstone 2 as we played it exclusively as a 3-4 player game. The bigger levels actually gave you a chance of avoiding a powered up character. I also think the character balance is better, with the exception of Ayame who we banned from competitive play. What 2 really lacked was a shortage of levels suitable for 4 player games. Only the desert, castle and iceberg stages had enough room to be fun. Powerstone 1 on the otherhand only had 2 player mode going for it and it's just not nearly as much fun. Singleplayer mode in either game is irrelevant, it's multiplayer affair only in my book.

Comment

Its available on PSN for psp/vita...

But where the hell is ultimate ghosts and goblins? EU PSN is missing some fantastic psp releases.

Comment

I remember some mates having a serious fall out over who's go it was next.
                      I remember some real fist fights almost taking place as a result of 4 player games on Powerstone 2 - good times!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Good news every (PAL) PSN+ user!!

PowerStone Collections is up for PSVita now and is only ?4!

Bargainous!!!!!
                        Where? I don't see it anywhere.

edit: Ah, only shows up on the ps3 (as it says psp only on the store page)
                        Last edited by GordonJ; 06-12-2012, 18:27.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          2 was chaotic madness. With a group it was one of the most fun fighters around. We set everything to random select. It was luck half the time.
                          Mart remember how pissed of we were if we got given Pete during the random character select!!! I definitely felt & thought Powerstone 2 was the stronger title.

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
                            I remember some real fist fights almost taking place as a result of 4 player games on Powerstone 2 - good times!
                            The instance I remember was before the days of Greg power-bombing people, and involved Chris Clark and Dave Trickett. Dave blatantly jumped the queue ahead of Chris, and then took the piss out of Chris' voice when he tried to get his go back. He nearly started crying!

Anyway, 1st game, miles better, as it's a fighter. AI is ****/disregarded in all fighting games so can't really be discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
                              Dont you guys think they should release these two awesome games (1&2) on PSN and XBLA?
                              Don't know but used to own the Dreamcast versions of 1 and 2 prefer 1. Now I own the PSP version that I got in Japan. Brilliant games, def need HD releases, planin on getting a Vita in future so hope they make it work on PS and Vita.

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                              I've been waiting for these for a very long time, and I'll go on about it at every given opportunity.

I really can't understand why Capcom haven't released them on PSN/XBL, seems like a no-brainer to me. Along with the Capcom vs SNK series, they're the only real reason I still have a Dreamcast.
                              Capcom Vs SNK: Millionaire Fighting 2001 is on the PSN Japanese store for PS2.
                              Last edited by JU!; 07-12-2012, 13:41.

Comment

I really like 2, especially the whole unlocking aspect of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X