Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually looking forward to this.

Comment

The first movie while a classic Arnie movie isn't a Conan movie by any stretch of the imagination, the story, the villains everything was taken from REHs Kull, i don't think a lot of people know this and they assume the movie was right and that Conan was a slave, that his village was destroyed and he was orphaned and none of this is true.

I doubt there will ever be a movie to do Conan justice. They'll never get the tone right or sense of adventure or the unique fantasy world. It always feels like they slap the Conan name on because of the name while really its a general fantasy movie with swords. It's like what they did with the 98 Godzilla make a giant dinosaur movie then slap the Godzilla name on it.

This as a high adventure movie with an older Arnold playing Conan with him still craving adventure after he has been King really could work though and i'd be interested to see how they do it, i just hope it doesn't become too comedic with him all "**** i'm old" constantly.

Comment

I was reading that thinking, well the movie is the movie and, as its own thing, it's awesome so does it matter that it's not actually like the source material and...

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
        It's like what they did with the 98 Godzilla make a giant dinosaur movie then slap the Godzilla name on it
        Oh. Yeah, now I see your point. And you're right. I do love Arnie's Conan movie but I must admit to having no clue about the original material. I guess the one difference between that and Godzilla is, taken on its own merits, it's not a bad movie (Godzilla '98 is). But I can totally understand your point of view as a fan of Conan.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
          The first movie while a classic Arnie movie isn't a Conan movie by any stretch of the imagination, the story, the villains everything was taken from REHs Kull, i don't think a lot of people know this and they assume the movie was right and that Conan was a slave, that his village was destroyed and he was orphaned and none of this is true
          Well, they took parts of a few of the original stories and pieced them together for a full-length film. Personally, I think they did a pretty decent job with it, while obviously not a one-on-one recreation of Conan's story, it's still an entertaining and interesting film in it's own right to introduce people to Conan's world (like myself).

Comment

Over thirty years ago, Arnold Schwarzenegger became a household name with his action fantasy film “Conan the Barbarian”. Sometime in the near future, he’ll be returning to the role and out doing charity event appearances in the UK this week, the actor indicated the film is pretty close to happening. Speaking with The ArnoldFans, he […]

Arnie says the film is on its way and the title is being changed to the one in the thread title so that it fits better with the two existing entries

Comment

Just popped in to make sure I'd posted a Conan The Librarian clip.
              I have! *phew*

Comment

I'd prefer a game to movie adaptation of Golden Axe. But seriously, I look forward to this new instalment in the Conan franchise, as I like the original films.

Comment

Amazon Studios has reportedly begun development of a TV series based on the classic “Conan the Barbarian” books by Robert E. Howard. In this take, the sword-swinging hero is driven out of his homeland and deals with the “mysterious and treacherous world of civilization where he searches for purpose in a place that rejects him […]

With the belated Arnie sequel now dead and Amazon still utterly desperate for a Thrones style hit it seems they're adding Conan the Barbarian to their list of attempts in commencing development for a Conan series that will follow the character after he is driven from his homeland.

Comment

I love the original and it's one of my fave movies. The soundtrack by Basil Poledouris is mabee my favourite Movie soundtrack of all time and it really elevates the film. Conan The Destroyer was watchable i guess if your a Conan fan but they camped it up and Arnold wasn't as good as he was in the first either.

Where as in the 1st he was this introverted moody brooding character and although didn't have much dialogue when he did deliver his lines they seemed believable and real. In Destroyer he seemed a bit too friendly at times and moments where he tried to be funny just didn't work i.m.o.

Im of the same opinion that alot of people are that any movie or tv series has come 20 years too late but i will check it out i guess when either is released.

I cant laud the originals soundtrack enough though, everyone should give it a listen it's phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
                      I cant laud the originals soundtrack enough though, everyone should give it a listen it's phenomenal.

Comment

Arnold Schwarzenegger will later this year be seen reprising his role of The Terminator for the upcoming film from director Tim Miller and producer James Cameron. The sixth entry overall, and currently referred to as “Terminator: Dark Fate” despite no official title being yet set, this serves as a direct sequel to the two original […]

Arnie still hopes to make King Conan but says the rights holder won't fully embrace the idea

Comment

Working...
                        X