Conan the Barbarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conan the Barbarian

Poor Khal Drogo. It would appear Jason Momoa is out and Arnold Schwarzenegger is back in as Universal Pictures has done a deal with Paradox Entertainment to bring the original Conan actor back to the character in “The Legend Of Conan” reports Deadline. Universal has worldwide rights and released the first film, the movie that […]

A new Conan film is being fast tracked. The new film will dismiss the recent remake as well as the 80's sequel, instead it will serve as a true sequel to the original film. Arnie will be starring in the film as Conan, picking up after 30 years later.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 06-02-2018, 07:38.

I haven't seen the sequel, but it seems pretty jarring to dismiss that! Even if it was pants, I don't know how you can make a new movie with the same actor and try and pretend one didn't exist.

Reboots are all well and good, but this doesn't sound right...

Comment

This sounds like what the fans have been looking for, ever since they saw a bearded Arnie sitting on this throne. After all, he did sign a 5 picture deal at the time and only completed 3 of them. Anything would be better than that crap with the pin up from Game of Thrones.

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
        I haven't seen the sequel, but it seems pretty jarring to dismiss that! Even if it was pants, I don't know how you can make a new movie with the same actor and try and pretend one didn't exist.

Reboots are all well and good, but this doesn't sound right...
        Content-wise, there is no reason to dismiss it. It's not a good movie by any means but the movie would have no effect positively or negatively on any new film.

Arnie is too old for this. Ten years ago, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          Arnie will be starring in the film as Conan, picking up after 30 years later.
          Get the **** outta here!

Brilliant, simply brilliant.

Comment

Arnie is so old it will be called 'Conan the Librarian'.

Comment

Last edited by QualityChimp; 28-01-2016, 12:28.

Comment

Right on queue QC

Channel 62? Never heard of it!

Comment

How could I resist?

Comment

Talking up the release of “The Last Stand” this week, Arnold Schwarzenegger recently sat down for an extended interview with AICN where the topic of “The Legend of Conan” came up. Schwarzenegger says the project is likely to begin filming later this year, possibly in New Zealand. Producer Frederik Malmberg previously said the action picks […]

Arnie talks about the film

Comment

Where the bloody hell is red Sonja

Comment

Though it’s still in development, new details have emerged regarding the upcoming “The Legend of Conan” project which would star Arnold Schwarzenegger as an elderly version of the legendary barbarian. Arnie, screenwriter Andrea Berloff, and producer Fredrik Malmberg recently spoke with ArnoldFans.com about the project which the 68-year-old Austrian actor is keen to get to […]

More chatter about the film and Arnie's involvement, particularly around the subject of his age

Comment

So this will be basically the last stand with swords and sandals. Think I'll pass.

Comment

Fifteen or twenty years ago, I'd be all over this. He is too old and has become a parody of himself.

Comment

He was a parody since Junior I'd say. Its been downhill since after True Lies

Comment

Working...
                              X