Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'Have a Moan About Games You've Never Played' Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pokemon + animal crossing - seriously, how many times are they gonna rebadge the same game?

Comment

To be fair, you do have to catch them all.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Bloody World of Warcraft!! Pfft.

Moan over.
        World of Warcraft was brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
          Any of the Uncharted games.

Deathly dull and mediocre in all departments with the possible exception of the visuals. Boring story and characters, on rails gameplay, no fear of falling, terrible combat, and through all this, smugly mascerading as an AAA franchise. I cannot fathom the popularity of the series.

Has anyone noticed that the distant backgrounds in cod4 are just painted on? Nothing animates, it's static crap. It goes without saying that the rest of series is rubbish too and diverts people away from playing other online games. This leaves the market polarised against minor releases. Ever tried to find someone to play online in Senko No Ronde? I couldn't, even on release.
          Yeah, all of this.

Looks like a Tomb Raider wankoff without the tits. Plus, I've never owned a PS3, so f**k 'em.

Comment

This thread encapsulates most of the internet's serious threads. I'm assuming this thread is a joke thread, but.... New Super Mario Bros.... lame.

Comment

Under Defeat HD.

What a pile of complete and utter nonsense. It's probably fun for about ten minutes and then you sit there wondering why the hell the disc is in your drive. It looks like a game for people who watch YouTube videos of other people playing the same game with two joysticks instead of one, which sounds like the gaming equivalent of cycling one-handed because you're so awesome at cycling two-handed you got bored and decided to start cycling one-handed.

Furthermore, why the flipping flip is it on a disc? It looks like an XBLA/PSN jobby but I guess Sega new what kind of gamer would be interested in that game, the kind that watches YouTube videos of other people playing the same game with two joysticks instead of one.

I'm annoyed now, I feel like going on a Twitter rampage.

- Mark

Comment

Trollol.

Second vote for Fifa. Football is not my bag anyway.

Also - Final Fantasy 13 - or any of them now actually - how does anyone in their right minds have time for this?

Comment

Having just seen the headline "A watershed moment, pokemon on iOS", i'm going to say any pokemon game ever, what a load of old ****. I watched my nephew play one once and was baffled by his addiction to it, I don't think i'd even have liked it when I was a kid. Load of old wank. NOT a watershed moment in any way, shape or form to see it on ANY format.

Comment

This thread is hilarious! As Charles said, it's like most websites are like without the irony.

Billy, that's very good! *Chortle*

Dark Souls
                    The fact that you die a lot just makes the game artificially longer to stall you until you buy more DLC.
                    Dying a lot is better than games where you don't in the same way that American Football is better than Rugby because they have to restart every 37 seconds.

You sound like a bunch of beardy-weirdy 21-sided-die-rolling real-ale bores playing the kind of role-playing game that makes women actively steer clear of as them as they discuss with the Dungeon Master their level 12 mage and his enchanted trouser spell.

Just listen to yourselves!

Summons come in handy...I think my input into killing the Gargoyles was 2 Pyromancy attacks and a slash
                    Have you equipped the correct item for piromancy spells? It's different from talismans (miracles) and catalysts (sorcery). Have you attuned the magic at a bonfire? Can you attune the magic (enough spell slots)?
                    I decided to tackle Darkroot Garden and Basin though. The Moonlight Butterfly ?was an absolute joke, at level 41 and a +2 greatsword, I killed it with few arrows and the first time it approached the bridge. Found the Divine Ember after it and got a Divine Broadsword, maybe I'll go to the Catacombs next.
                    After the Butterfly I went after the Hydra in Darkroot Basin. With the Rusted Iron ring I approached it without taking damage

Comment

QC

Comment

Tell me those aren't quotes from this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                          Tell me those aren't quotes from this forum?
                          Page 11. I just took a random page for quotes.

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

You can dip into any page and it's full of the same chick-reppellant nerdgasms.

the best weapon I discovered was the Gravelord Sword which when modified to +5 does around 400 damage. The Dragon Greatsword modified to a +5 will do 500+ damage but, even with 50 strength, is too slow and heavy to use effectively and drains stamina in no time. Not only is the Gravelord super light meaning you can swing it 5, 6 7 times in quick succession but, best of all, it looks incredible, and if you're also kitted out in the gold-hemmed black armour set then it looks even better. You genuinely look like Death himself running around with a huge Sword made of bone slung over your shoulder. It's super cool. From memory, I think you get the Gravelord from joining Nito's covenant. It's one of those weapons that, a bit like the Drake Sword early on in the game, once acquired makes progression considerably easier.
                          Absolved for my sins last night. 148k. >
                          I think interest is added over time as the last time I popped by it was lower.

The only routes open to me at the moment are the catacombs and Sen's fortress. Orange mist or closed gates are blocking everything else.

From now on I'm just going to pump my lvl's into Attunement. My pyro is devastating and I need to stack more balls and orbs.
                          [hide]Obviously it's an amazing game and I'd like to play it one day, but in the spirit of this thread where we speak about games we've never played but make it sound like we're complete experts, I find the ridiculous D&D chatter completely impenetrable![/hide]
                          Last edited by QualityChimp; 16-11-2012, 11:06.

Comment

We are teh kool kids.

Comment

Comment

^ That Dark Souls forum stuff is hilarious, QC! I accept all those criticisms agaisnt the game, and I've finished it lol!

Speaking of pish games: Assassins Creed 3. Assassin my royal arse, no more about assassins than Rambo is. What I want to know is how Desmond or whatever the **** he's called manages to get strapped into that cyber-nano chair thing with that metrosexual manbag slung around his back?! He must be well uncomfortable! Maybe that's why he goes around killing people when he's 'in the past'. I hear in the new one there's a red indian who takes to the high seas and captains warships in between skinning bears for his teepee and having it away with Abraham Lincoln! Where's they'd come up with that?! Apparently the lead designer used to work in Gamestop. With a bit of luck they've held his old job open for him! Utter, utter garbage. I wouldn't play it if you paid me.

Comment

Working...
                                X