Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading more of the official English updates. Sounds like it will mostly be mission/story content featuring all the characters, and FATE styled system from 14 as well. And it appears to be 2 smart phone related items, a MMO for smart phones based on XI to be called Final Fantasy Grandmaster, and a companion app for the current XI.

Official Poster for the addons, titles Rhapsodies of Vana'diel

Comment

To be honest, part of me is surprised that none of the major companies have really tried a smart device MMO (that probably also has a PC client). There have been titles on iOS by smaller developers which prove it's do-able.

Maybe this is someone giving it a proper go.

Comment

I'll probably finish out the storyline on this, it should be good and a nice way to finish things up on the game.

Comment

Famitsu interview about XI,

Reasons why is major updates are ending, which seems to read like SE management think the resources could be better used elsewhere even if the game still turns a profit (like how they think tomb raider wasn't successful), they should just go play 14 or DQO and little things like they still have to use PS2 equipment to program the game.

The 3 major updates will feature 2 "dynamis/abyssea" like re fitted zones, and the final one a entirely new zone (please be destroyed tav!), the story will tie together all the plot threads from all the expansions including WotG, and they will start the missions of based on lvl60 difficulty to entice pre abyssea retired players back in... and the the mission will be a proper ending and fitting ending for XI story.

rest of the talk is FF grand masters the XI theme social battle game.. probably some **** like clan wars or something. The 2nd and bigger project is a mmMrpg (mobile instead of online) on recreating XI (with admitted different battle gameplay to make it work for a touch based game) for IoS/Android. I'm interested to see how it turns out.
          Last edited by Tobal; 13-04-2015, 17:45.

Comment

Free play from 15 may to 25 may along with the 1st big patch of 3.

Comment

Going to use the Return Home time to revisit Vana'diel and you never know, I may stay a while!

Comment

if you do, its not hard to tool up. Rep did a pretty good job in few days making use of the achievement system to bring in a currency called sparks to buy 117 gear.

Been playing with mike(aza) this week getting him through [A]Yorica Skirmish events, which is netting him some 119(current top lvl) armour to mod up for his monk. Plays like a PvE doda, 1 player uses a book item to buy monsters (crabs, birds, byakko) to attack the enemies(cpu) base and monsters, everyone else spreads out and kills elementals (with magic) or butterflies(melee) so we can buy more monsters.

Comment

Big patch out last night, probably best to find a file share download on bgforums or sit waiting a 10 hr download in game. Alot of changes made and some solid rewards for clearing the mission content(no lock outs for dyna, nyzul, einhijar making mythic/relic building a simple grind)

Comment

completed chapter 1 of the mission, and i think that's all there might be to it at the moment unless it requires progress killing the high level NM's in new Zitah. Not much to it, a hand full of cut scenes, 1 fetch quest and 2 fights both of which are easy to solo to anyone in ilvl gear, i was expect it to easy after they said it was an introduction for returning players and the harder stuff all seems to be the NM content.

From the way the story is progressing i actually think the totally new area(in november) will be Far East theme map, so we'll get our japanese theme addon after all.

they also finally did something with that boat in norg!

Comment

2nd of final Major Updates (of 3) has hit with a raft of battle content in all areas and few system/battle upgrades (can now see debuff/buffs on party members). The mission content itself it all soloable for ilvl119 with 4 trusts, i was on whm for whole of it mainly for teleports and warps, which ended up with me using 2 tanks, 1 dd and rdm trusts to beat both battlefields. Small warning the story is gated by progress in previous mission expansions and a couple of avatar fights must have been beaten (like atomos)

As for the story, it certainly a massive improvement on part 1, more content and a massive tour of everything land and character. i think they might be pushing for the "Warrior of Light" ending in eventual godhood (not kidding) with them trying (and i think suceeding) reason multiple dimensions existing (Shantotto hints at her adventures in 14). I'me actually looking forward to november and the last mission stuff.

Comment

freeplay campaign "return home" starts today along with load other promotions outside (cheap adoulin collection) and inside the game

Experience more campaigns than ever with Vana'diel mega festival, The Goddess' Gala!

Comment

Think it's time I popped back onto XI for a look around, got bored of XIV ages ago and been playing destiny mostly for the last few months.

XIV gear updating cycle is just to frequent for me to be assed with it.

Comment

Probably the best time to come back, the initial problems going to adoulin have be eased away and all the old content is soloable so making a mythic or relic weapon is an easy grind (as is the ochain shield).

The game has returned to it pre abyssea days in terms of content (you generally need the tank, dd, support set up instead of just dd+healer)and theres as much endgame events in the adoulin era as the 99 era.

Mikec (azarenka) occasionally plays and Largo (istian) recently returned and is going through the old content to catch up lvl99 then on to ilvl gear.

Comment

Been such a long time since I played I don't remember anything, just wandered around quickly in Sandy and man its a sad sight - saw one other PC and that was it, I miss 2004 the 75 cap and the days before aby broke everything.

Will have a real look later in the week and see if I can get on with it, would be nice to clear the old content I never finished.

Comment

Starter cities have been like since 07, however the player is pretty low 350 to 800 depending on prime times for jp/na/eu.. most of the hang around port jeuno and western adoulin.

Comment

Working...
                                X