X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea, i had 3 lvl 100 crafts and top gear for a lvl 75 lol

Comment

Ah it does seem alot to go through again, I'm having issues with the game, graphics driver keeps messing up kicking me to desktop.

Comment

plates around 80-90k, so not much better than the 100k they've been at, so still looking at around 140m to go 90 to 95, and the cinders are 1.3m each so another 80million on top to get to 99

My 2nd account took me 3 months to get whm 99, get almost every area open and complete boss and atma tour of abyssea

Jeuno is the centre of world, mainly due to area shouts, and the warps all over the world from the abyssea and VW npc's, in and just outside the city, and the new warps introduced last month as part of a new quest for Adoulin addon, lets you trade crystals for warps to places that don't have them.

Also they're's alot of developer talk now( http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...91#post5564291 ), much like ff14 got and in the last week some of the stuff mentioned is going finally change the basics. Changes to Defense and Magic look to be good ones that will finally change the game from being all about attacking/haste.

Also make sure to you windower on PC, http://www.windower.net/ just the basic program helps with alot of PC problems and updating the game to modern ease of use.

also add some more on "effective jobs", recently alot of the new game content requires the jobs to use every option to hit "weakness" on High level mobs, which has helped alot of the weaker job classes see some action, but the current shift to high dmg output which craps up the classic tank classes until this fix the hate issues.

War - strong, strong job, uses for everything.
        Monk - still very strong and now common tank class on nearly every monster/NM
        Thief - can hit weaponskills for stupid numbers but lacks DPS, so ends up being the TH bitch.
        White mage - most useful job, got some great buffs inthe last couple of years
        Black Mage - out dated, barely used outside of hitting weakness, might change when magic is changed
        Red Mage - like BLM, now MP management is not problem due to equipment and abilities, and all its decent spells appearing on other jobs, the jack of all trades is left to rot besides solo and ocassion lowman stuff
        Samurai - Very strong in attack and defense, useful for everything
        Dark knight - same as SAM, just need more WHM attention but it is the DPS to beat.
        Paladin - not used outside of HNM that have killer attacks, as every job can now "tank"
        Dragoon - not the joke it use to be with the buffs to the pet and jump attacks, still not enough to beat other DD
        Ninja - as with PLD, tanking is not needed, out dd'd by all 2 handers, used only for weakness hunting and solo
        Bard/Corsair - useful as ever, buffing and damage.
        Ranger - still strong but costs to run compared to 2 handers that get stronger damage for free.
        Blue Mage - picked up RDM mantle of do it all, needs skill to use correctly and a pain to get spells for.
        Summoner - good solo on certain things, but the timers on JA's let it down so only used for weakness in events
        Scholar - RDM 2.0
        Dancer - TP based healing that changed the game when first introduced, now its like thief. Good soloer for everything.
        Puppet master - not used in events, not as strong other jobs.
        Beast master - pet beefed up, can solo most monsters with a sheep.
        Last edited by Tobal; 18-01-2013, 21:40.

Comment

Haha love the last line.

Can solo most things with a sheep.

Comment

3 Months isn't bad for 1-99, I'll give the Windower a try, maybe that will sort the crashing issue.

Seems I'd be best continuing on War but is it still primarily a tank? if so I may have to go with something else.

Comment

you can get to 99 in 2/3 days its just everything else about opening the world up and beefing your equipment/atma's takes the time.

Every DD job is a tank now with the way anyone can put out crazy damage but War is a major DD, and in the world of weakness hunting on abyssea and VW monster, war's access to 3/4 of the weapons with high skill makes them a must for any party, you can also merit a weaponskill called upheaval at 99 which does a crap load of damage. But you will need to level samuari, its pretty must the go to sub for 2 handers atm.
              Last edited by Tobal; 19-01-2013, 11:19.

Comment

Ah I see, I'll maybe start with leveling Samurai as a subjob then and after that continue War, It will be a good chance to relearn the game starting a new job from level 1.

Comment

Dancer is also sub you will need, good for all melee soloer's, lets your drain HP on hit and cure/erase using TP.

Also make sure you have signet on they upgraded it a while back, it now gives a massive boost to def and eva vs ep/dc/em mobs as well having improved resting HP/MP and no TP loss on resting and finally access to super kupo powers(of which 3 random ones are choosen each week for everyone, you'll see a message everytime you when a new area what is active).

Instant warps and reraise are now 10 conquest pts so there on excuse not to use them and temp chest offer temp meds to use out inthe field that randomly drop from mobs your killing, brown ones require unlocking with a guess the number mini game and give you perma items and sometimes a ra/ex.

This is kind of tied into the ex page books called Field/Grounds of Valour, you'll see them everywhere, you get a choose of 6 to 8 training regime to kill X amount of monsters in return for exp boosts, gil and tabs (used to buy temp buffs fromthe books, like refresh, regen, protect, also gil and tabs can only be earn once per game day), if you do them in dungeons the exp pages can stack, so completing the same regime over and over increases the exp rewards and overs temp improvements to skills and HP/MP

And be careful in dungeons, they changed all of them to include high level mobs for 90-99 players, in certain parts.
                  Last edited by Tobal; 20-01-2013, 10:55.

Comment

Some good info there Tobal, the field/grounds of valour are very similar to Leve Quests in XIV so that will be a good way for me to progress.

Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to stop the game crashing yet, its strange as its almost exactly the same type of crashes FFXIV was having.

The good news is I looked and I do have both Nin and Sam at 37 already, so at least I have two usable subjobs.

Comment

I installed this last night, will prob fire it up towards the end of next week, want to make sure I finish off with DMC and Darksiders 2 first.

Comment

Wedge you still called wedgemoon?

Also anyone had any problems with windower? I just cant get this to launch on my PC with my 670 card. It crashes when trying to load the terms and conditions page. Works fine without it.
                        Last edited by djtickle; 22-01-2013, 07:31.

Comment

No, my character is called Azarenka

I've had no luck with the crashes either, we have the same graphics card so if you manage to figure it out let me know.

Comment

Oh cool, will look you up tonight then.

Fixed the crashing this morning, I had a program called OC Guru running for my 670 closed that and did the following settings and it now works. I found a thread on ffxiah in the support section, lots of people have had issues with the clocking programs that come with the 670s regardless of make. Seems all you have to do it close the program from the taskbar.

UAC Off
                            Run as Admin, Compatibility set to Win 7. (Weird as im running windows 7)
                            Resolution set the same in FFXI Config as it is in Windower ini
                            Remove the recast plugin that comes with Windower and update to the new one.

All works a treat now.

Also Tobal whats the new teleport system all about which I assume leads into the new expansion? I read up on playonline but cant make much scene of it.
                            Last edited by djtickle; 22-01-2013, 10:20.

Comment

You check withe npc/warp point for clues to where the warp points are around the world, go to the points the clues talk about and speak to the npc which opens them, trading crystals gives warp points, 30 pts to get to norg from the gardens. Example one of the 1st clues is for norg, there a new npc in norg, speak to him and he attunes the warp point for you, later ones in quest 2 and 3 are just marks to click on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                                you can get to 99 in 2/3 days its just everything else about opening the world up and beefing your equipment/atma's takes the time..
                                how can u level up so fast?

Comment

Working...
                                X