No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admire your resolve not to play it Importaku!

Comment

well it would be unfair on my mum as she wanted to get me something for xmas so this entire vr setup she paid for so she now has the enjoyment of watching me at xmas unbox it properly. Because of my weird japanese interests in gadgety fun stuff it's hard for her to get me stuff like that as she would have to get me to get it from japan and then give it to her. This was something she was able to get me on her own. I only unboxed it all to make sure nothing was wrong and get it pre sorted out and some games ready to go and all calibrated, and temp satisfy my curiosity as it's the first time i have touched vr since i was in a virtuality arcade.

Im not gonna lie, it's going to be hard as now i know what it's like to play one. But in the meantime i can get other bits for it. Planning on a storage case to keep the dust off it plus i just stumped up for those lens protectors. Need a camera extension lead as my bedroom is not ideal vr territory but i can make it work just the camera cable is stupidly short,

Maybe it's time to start adding people to my ps friends list as i don't have many on there. I'm Importaku (no surprise lol) if anyone wants to add me on psn.
      Last edited by importaku; 10-11-2018, 19:03.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Worried about my glasses scratching the lenses of my headset, never knew they made lens protectors but after searching i found a decent pair which push in but they are not cheap but the company that makes them also makes precription lenses so i might be able to get my glasses made to suit the vr lenses at some point but for now some protective push in ones will do plus they are coated to filter out excessive blue light as well so it should help with eye strain.
        https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/play...ens-protector/
        You may not need to wear your glasses.
        I think the focal length is set to about 8ft, so If you can see to that distance in real life you won't need to wear glasses in VR.
        I don't and I wear glasses all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSpiggott View Post
          You may not need to wear your glasses.
          I think the focal length is set to about 8ft, so If you can see to that distance in real life you won't need to wear glasses in VR.
          I don't and I wear glasses all the time.
          Sadly my eyes are not that good they blur at about 5 feet so i need glasses on. First thing i did when i tried the headset was take my glasses off to see if i could get away without them. Luckily for me the headset is very forgiving for glasses wearers, with those added lens protectors on it i'll be able to use it without any fear of my glasses wrecking the lenses, sure the protectors are £30 but it's cheaper than paying for a new unit.

Comment

That's unfortunate.
            Be careful about using lens protectors though, that can often cause more problems than they're worth. They will effect the image quality depending on their material and how well you apply them. If your glasses aren't overly large then I don't think you'll have any risk of damage.
            I've had my headset since launch and plenty of glasses wearers have used it without any problems.

Comment

There doesn't seem to be many on the market that i have found from searching, there's some cheapy ones like the same material as phone protectors made of thin film that don't exactly go on well as the lenses are curved so they sort of have to be forced down to make them fit over then there's the others in the link on the prev page made from polycarbonate that are optically clear like glasses lenses and have an additional coating to help improve contrast while blocking blue light but they just push onto the opening of the eyepieces without actually touching the headset lenses at all. Also as a bonus the coating is anti scratch & resist fingerprints so i thought they would be ideal to protect them. Shall report back when they turn up & i eventually install them.

Comment

I'm worried about this myself too. I've got some old glasses which are smaller than the ones I wear now which might be better. I'll try it without too but 8ft is normally blurry for me.

Comment

Anyone taken the plunge on Déraciné?

Comment

Seen the trailer for that one it looks interesting enough that i may pick it up at somepoint, seems to be almost too many games available but thats the thing of jumping in at the middle of the lifecycle. Even with me been sort of selective im upto 26 games i want to play thats before i decide to pick anything up that isn't vr but it's not something im complaining about as it's nice to have such a decent choice of experiences. The problem with watching youtube videos is i'm kind of spoiling some of them by seeing what they are like i watched the first world in astrobot and then turned it off as i feel like if i end up watching too much it's going to spoil the experience of seeing it im person for the first time. Annoyingly the quality wildly varies between games so it's a gamble if i don't at least peek at what some of them are like running.

Was rather pleased in reading up that the headset can play 3D bluray disks i regretted not seeing cloudy with a chance of meatballs in the cinema when it was been shown in 3D. Had a quick peek on amazon i can pick up the 3D bluray disk for £4 brand new, might end up with quite a few 3D films i never got to see, a nice bonus.

Comment

Had a quick blast on Tetris Effect earlier it’s a stunner

Comment

I had no idea you could watch 3D films on these. Is it any good though? I tried playing a non PSVR game at the weekend on it and it was a step down in both image quality and feeling of scale from just playing on our TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          I had no idea you could watch 3D films on these. Is it any good though? I tried playing a non PSVR game at the weekend on it and it was a step down in both image quality and feeling of scale from just playing on our TV.
                          Well I've ordered Pacific Rim 3D so I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            No. Not compared to watching a 3D film on a 3D TV anyway. I mean, if you want to watch a movie in 3D and you don't have a 3DTV but do have VR then you could give it a go but I wouldn't bother personally. Apart from Alumette which you should watch as soon as you can if you haven't already.

Comment

Aye, our TV isn't 3D but it's mahoosive, so I don't think I'd feel the need to use PSVR for anything other than PSVR games. Was just curious of people's take on it.

Comment

The screen is so pixellated compared to a TV that I can't imagine watching a film on it would be anything more than a novelty. Also it doesn't sound especially comfortable!

Still want one of these. But also want loads of other stuff. Massively need a new amp and speakers for one thing. And my PS4 makes a weird noise. And I want a 4K TV. And an Xbox. To play 4K BRs and Forza.

Blah :l

Comment

Working...
                                X