Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting closer to the final update next month, i've terminated my 2nd account as the lack of working fish "helpers" since the revamp of alot of FFXI UI and targeting, broke nearly everything and there's no left to repair them outside those doing work on the Windower app (thank god). In the mean time i've been pushing to level up all the jobs to 99, so i can have a crack at them like BST, BLU and Puppetmaster (still have DRK,NIN,DNC between 50 and 90).

SE commissioned to have Japanese voiced cutscene's (with subs) done by some VA veterans in the anime world, see if you can recognise any of them before the credits.

Real ending to Nation Mission (or start of Rise of Zilart) and Bahamut introduction in CoP

ToaU ending and Diabolos introduction to Nightmare Dynamis.

Comment

Looks like the final update will have some surprises after all with the announcement of the 4th set of legendary weapons, and judging from the pictures its likely to be a 4th set of Job armour.

So far for november 11th
      Reisenjima, japanese themed area which is very likely to be as large as Zitah/Sky with the introduction of the 3rd set of Escha/Geas Fates NM's
      last 4 new music tracks of 6 created for the RoV story line
      RoV 3rd an final quest line and wrap up town quests for adoulin
      New skillchain elements above Light/Dark
      Job Points increased to 2100, new gifts, more max merits
      New unity (likely to be the ToaU Kings)
      Skirmish Outer'Raz[A] (not announced yet but very likely as its the only missing content promised for adoulin)
      New pets for mog gardens

Comment

Quite a turn up for the books, got one of the rarest items in the game without aiming for it, in a method people didn't know about (was suppose to be 2 random picks for a tiny chance at the platemail and not pick 1 item and get a chance on 2nd random drop)

Comment

Looks fancy, and lol Mitsirugi, he was a right tool!

Comment

Patch was out Tuesday A.m. hours, and i took the day of originally to play fallout4... however its turned into ffxi day. God dam have they put some work in to the final part of the story, managed to solo with trusts(just) 2 of the 3 bosses and ran into a road block with the 3rd... i could probably solo him if a took it more carefully but i might as well wait for aza to catch up (there hours of questing to be doing).

Most of those cutscenes on the way to are just wow, started to get a little emotional just with the characters popping up and music going off and a certain character i'd never though we'd see (massive spoilers
            ), and that final boss area with completely new music and background art, fantastic. I think tears will be had when they play that final fantasy theme and FFxi theme(with lyrics) on the credits.

They also after 14 years fixed the beetles backwards front foot.. and made it a highlight of the opening cut scene to the new place
            Last edited by Tobal; 10-11-2015, 20:01.

Comment

Sounds like its really good. Started updating the game around 6pm and still not finished, will make a start on the new story quests tomorrow.

Comment

With mike stuck on needing WoTG missions done, i went and finished the story, man that ending is great it had everything i could have asked for. Bit slow with the old fingers and missed my name off the very top line.

Last edited by Tobal; 13-11-2015, 01:12.

Comment

Nice, grats dude.

One last thing for me to try before going the WoTG route, hoping it works, if not it'll take awhile.

Comment

How's the 11 > 14 Calibration event in 11?

I did it on 14 yesterday and its great. It gives a good old nudge to all the hours of

exp in the dunes on crabs!

Some great flash backs to parts of 11 that I loved so much. Good effort!

Comment

I've seen pics of Iroha in 14 going on about skilling up on crabs, but no 14 like events in 11 atm, we have 2 events which is fighting Bahamut outside the starter nations for items to dress up like him, and then earn points to buy tickets to enter a battlefield against him for random loot (including final 119 upgrade items for relic/mythic). And the current login trust is super Shantotto which is a nod to her Dissieda super.

Absolute load of costumes now that make you look like a human version of monsters and combined with the lockstyle you can keep it on while equip swapping as normal (Moogle, Goblin, (white/black) mandy, custard, worm, bomb, Proggo, Chocobo, bethmoth, bahamut)

And as far as updates... seems they've changed there tune abit from nothing but balance fixes to will do new equipment/battlefield/unity fights at least up until april where its not so clear what happens once they give up on PS2/xbox.

Comment

Oh with it being worded how it was in the 14 notes I thought it was something happening across both games!

Comment

Took awhile but completed Rhapsodies of Vanadiel, final boss was a big step up in difficulty, took me 5 tries to clear it, managed to get the win today with Tobal and a few others. Really nice ending to the storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                            How's the 11 > 14 Calibration event in 11?

I did it on 14 yesterday and its great. It gives a good old nudge to all the hours of

exp in the dunes on crabs!

Some great flash backs to parts of 11 that I loved so much. Good effort!
                            I liked how Iroha's attacking style involved slowly auto-attacking with an occasional weapon skill every 20-30 seconds.

Some nice nostalgia hearing the old battle theme and seeing Serket again.
                            Last edited by C'; 18-11-2015, 19:04.

Comment

In a case of get it while you can, the Blu-ray soundtrack "FFXI:Priceless Remembrance" is free on JP PSN for PS4 and it seems to work as along as you have plus account somewhere (strangely), been through the package myself and it 2 part thing. Part 1 draws a India Jones styled map+travel path, then follows the route showing of each area and its music or acoustics, seems to be everything that was in the original release, so nothing past Shadow Lord Mission sadly... none of the music from Zm to Adoulin makes it on.

The routes are from
                              the starter nations to Jeuno
                              Dunes to Buburmi via the Ferry (and pirate attack)
                              Airship routes
                              Xarcabard to the Throne Room.

Part 2 is static artwork set to 7/8 tracks from Rhapsodies(battle music, End Boss and 2x version of the ending theme) and the end theme to Adoulin. Artwork is mix of new and old promotional art from box collections and addons (like abyssea).

Worth a go especially for part1, and perhaps having the Ending Credits song to (which is great)
                              Last edited by Tobal; 28-11-2015, 01:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                                In a case of get it while you can, the Blu-ray soundtrack "FFXI:Priceless Remembrance" is free on JP PSN for PS4 and it seems to work as along as you have plus account somewhere (strangely), been through the package myself and it 2 part thing. Part 1 draws a India Jones styled map+travel path, then follows the route showing of each area and its music or acoustics, seems to be everything that was in the original release, so nothing past Shadow Lord Mission sadly... none of the music from Zm to Adoulin makes it on.
                                Thanks for posting this man, downloading now

Comment

Working...
                                X