Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Einherjar started out a bit like that till folks worked it out and all the wyrms were add management as well

My favourite fight from 11 will always be the airship / promy-holla hope we get something like those.

Comment

Ignore, completely mis-read post

Most of the content we've seen is about learning the ropes though, latter battles will be awesome, it's the same battle director remember.

Also, more boss insanity like that Lox level (forgot it's name) please.
      Last edited by Rep; 10-07-2013, 12:52.

Comment

I love the sub-boss in Brayflox's Longstop

Originally posted by Adam View Post
        Had a bit of trouble getting that to work before, but I suspect it was my bluetooth dongle that was the problem. I'll get another one and try the Wii U pro controller aswell, it's a very good pad.
        I've used MotioninJoy in the past but decided to get rid (I tended to prefer the 360 pad anyway) after reading this. I used it wired so never got a lot of the problems people reported, but if you had other Bluetooth devices running on your PC it could cause a right mess. I just wanted rid but even after uninstalling the software I still had to manually remove a bunch of registry entries just to ensure it was fully removed from my system.

It's a shame Sony won't provide official Windows drivers for the DualShock 3.
        Last edited by C'; 10-07-2013, 17:43.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
          I'm still somewhat doubting end game on this but we'll see, alot of the strategy seems to be about managing adds during boss fights, so far there hasn't been much in the way of precision timing needed but I guess there never was in V1 early on, I just hope them making it difficult wont just be a case of overwhelm by number of mobs, I want some real strategy in there.
          I expect boss battles to be broken down into phases. Rounds of damage dealing mixed with las0r dodging, fire-circle avoiding, hoop-jumping, and keeping adds distanced apart and broken down before they merge and form an unkillable entity.

Basically WoW, but with the words 'FINAL FANTASY XIV' written on the title screen to appease fans.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            I expect boss battles to be broken down into phases. Rounds of damage dealing mixed with las0r dodging, fire-circle avoiding, hoop-jumping, and keeping adds distanced apart and broken down before they merge and form an unkillable entity.

Basically WoW, but with the words 'FINAL FANTASY XIV' written on the title screen to appease fans.
            A couple of the V1 fights come to mind!

Comment

This game reminds me of White Knight Chronicles, rather than anything WoW related.

Comment

I don't really like the way this plays with a pad, I don't like how the camera keeps resetting when I'm moving about, it doesn't feel right. Using skills is a bit too uncomfortable on the pad too, especially on a pS3 pad with its crappy fat triggers. 360 pad is a bit better but not a lot.

It plays much better on the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                  I don't really like the way this plays with a pad, I don't like how the camera keeps resetting when I'm moving about, it doesn't feel right. Using skills is a bit too uncomfortable on the pad too, especially on a pS3 pad with its crappy fat triggers. 360 pad is a bit better but not a lot.

It plays much better on the keyboard.
                  Yeah I have to agree. I switched from PC to PS3 last night as I wanted to play in a different room and it just doesn't feel comfortable. What I do think is a shame is that the PS3 version doesn't seem to support the PC layout when a Keyboard and Mouse is plugged in. Hopefully this will come in the future or maybe we are at PS3 Limitations already!!

Also can you zoom away from the character on the PS3 version?

Not sure how everyone else is getting on but Duty Finder is awesome. Did the level 10 and 15 Guildhest's with it last night and it just rocks. Seems a little silly though as it doesn't seem there is much point to redoing them after the initial bonus of completing them.
                  Last edited by djtickle; 11-07-2013, 10:31.

Comment

Tickle where do i find the leve? As my duty finder is locked out, im level 11 now, not sure what are the requirements to unlock it are?

Comment

I like the PS3 pad controls. Bar the awkward targeting at times, I think it works a treat. Everything you can do on the PC you can do on the pad with some nifty button combos - obviously not as fast in some circumstances, but it's not a fast paced game and I can live with that. The combat certainly doesn't seem to be effected bar the odd targeting issue mentioned.

If you want to zoom out on the pad, hold L1 and move the right stick back and forth

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                        Tickle where do i find the leve? As my duty finder is locked out, im level 11 now, not sure what are the requirements to unlock it are?
                        With the story dungeons, you have to have been given the quest to access them, and you'll be sent there- when you get there it'll come up on screen saying the dungeon has been unlocked- you can use the duty finder then with some of the optional dungeons, you have to have found them and been there in order to go to them in the dutyfinder.

With the guildleves, I'm fairly sure you have to speak to the blokey to get the quests, once you have you should be able to use it. Bare in mind that's for the guild/groupleves and not the normal leves that you can do yourself

Comment

Dont want to sound harsh Mr Kirov, but speak to the blokey? Thats as clear as mud, theres a few hundred blokey's everywhere.

Comment

In Terms of Difficulty I think that the Primals (Ifirit/Moogle/Garuda) had pretty decent learning curves for the average groups. I certainly remember taking a lot of people into Ifirit and teaching the fight to them. My only issue with that encounter though was the obvious Server Latency when trying to avoid his eruption ability.

The Dungeons were pretty cool as well and they didn't have to be done exactly the same all the time. I really enjoyed Cutter's Cry and Aurum Vale although I know some people didn't. The Bosses were certainly a lot hard to decipher then the fights we have come across in 2.0. Plus when you added speed runs into the mix it resulted in the need for 100% group coordination and execution.

I believe Yoshi- when he says that he wants to keep things tough but we really don't know what that means until we get our hands onto phase 4. Even Ifirit 2.0 looks completely different now and I'm excited to smack him in the face again!!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                              Dont want to sound harsh Mr Kirov, but speak to the blokey? Thats as clear as mud, theres a few hundred blokey's everywhere.
                              Lmao you're right sorry! There's different people in different places that have quest markers above them, you speak to them and they open up the leve quests. It only comes at a certain level though, so you're best following the main quest and you'll find yourself unlocking them! I was being vague because I didn't know if you'd already unlocked them or not!

Comment

Ifrits not too bad now providing everyone knows to kill his minion when he spawns or it's insta-death for all!

Comment

Working...
                                X