Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know, exactly what I thought

At this point old CoDs are the kind of thing that that trash island in the Pacific is made out of. Hardly a rare artifact.

Comment

I get stuff from charity shops to trade-in at Cex (providing I can triple my money) and old Call of Duty games are pretty much worthless. From memory I think there's maybe one or two that are worth £2-ish, rest are all pennies. I don't bother looking them up. As worthless as old FIFAs. Replacement case fodder at best.

Comment

COD = Clearing Out Dustbin

Comment

Now find a copy of CoD in a CeX that isn't covered in ****e or water damaged etc.

There's quite a few common 360 titles I'd like that are mega cheap in CeX but dealing with non matching release discs, poor condition etc I just don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            There's quite a few common 360 titles I'd like that are mega cheap in CeX but dealing with non matching release discs, poor condition etc I just don't bother.
            Yeah it's half the battle with the dirt cheap end. Some of the games I've bought as cheap ones in Cex, I've looked at dozens of them and waited literally years to find a nice one. Often they were nice games when they were traded in, but gradually get battered about by kids smacking the cases round and putting their jam-covered fingers all over the manual. I reckon some Wii games I must have looked at 50+ copies by now.

All I can say is you have to keep going over and over as often as possible and grab them just as they come in. Sometimes I even just grab stuff from the trade-in pile on the counter before it's had a chance to be put on the shelves. It's a bit cheeky but they don't seem to really mind.

In the case of that Call of Duty game, there's at least a dozen brand new sealed ones on eBay in any case - goes for about £20-odd which I think is way above what it's worth to be honest.

Comment

I think the problem with a lot of ultra common stuff is that CeX is treated as a de facto rental place by a lot of kids. So the same stuff is getting bought and traded again and again by people who aren’t really looking after it as they’re planning to quickly trade it back.

Comment

Not a shocking eBay price but still ROFLMAO.

Comment

There was an MD JP copy of Bad Omen finish at something like £94 at auction last night. I put what I thought was a high bid in at £55 because I couldn’t be arsed with importing it. I think I’ll just import it next time I’m doing a Japan bundle, there’s a couple on Mercari for £30-40.

Comment

Can someone explain to me where people are coming up with the prices for retro games these days? I've tentatively been looking at buying some things and have noticed that games you couldn't give away years ago that were produced in their thousands...................£100 buy it now. Average games, cart only........£100. Then you'll get sellers that'll list a game that everyone else is already taking the piss with listing at £100, but they've listed it for £1500, no best offer. What the **** are they hoping to achieve with that? What's the point of even listing at that price? It's mental.

Comment

It’s the pandemic it’s permanently distorted prices along with youtubers hyping up average games into must own treasures. It’s wild seeing pokemon games been flogged for hundreds like it’s some super rare print when they made millions of them. I’m glad I’m out I grabbed everything I needed before all this madness kicked off the only retro stuff I still target is jpn ps1 and thankfully for most titles they are sane priced unless it’s a special exception or a shmups. Luckily the average joe doesn’t know 90% of the ps1 stuff so YouTube’s havent totally ruined it (yet)

Comment

Could be to some extent this stuff has beeen hoovered up, so sellers controlling market? One thing I’ve noticed in shops over the last 12 months is how much retro is in stock. I think people are emptying their lofts. I don’t know if this could have had an effect on prices.

Personally not willing (or really able atm) to pay high prices so am focusing on those ganes that have lower shelf value. Looking at OG Cbox you have some games worth a pittance (£1), others that in region of £10-20, and the odd one that’s being sold at £75-100 (e.g. Outrun 2006). I was slightly relieved to seen Panzer Dragoon Orta is not at that level… maybe whether these things available to download may be a factor…

Comment

Is this genuinely worth as much as this guy seems to think??

Can't seem to see any actual sold listings
                          Mines still sealed...so are the Soundtracks lol

Been keeping it mostly just for the superplays now as I doubt my Jpn 360 probably even works these days

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Is this genuinely worth as much as this guy seems to think??

Can't seem to see any actual sold listings
                            Mines still sealed...so are the Soundtracks lol

Been keeping it mostly just for the superplays now as I doubt my Jpn 360 probably even works these days

Neil
                            I'm sure it's worth something but I don't see any that have been sold recently. Don't use existing BIN listings for price checking either, the majority of them pricing high are chancers.

Comment

At the same time, I reckon that's got to be worth a fair chunk to the right person. £875 might be too high but I wouldn't undercook the price personally.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                I'm sure it's worth something but I don't see any that have been sold recently. Don't use existing BIN listings for price checking either, the majority of them pricing high are chancers.

Oh yeah I know never to take any BIN as an indicator of value as most are just taking the piss like you say...I mean there are BIN for the Soundtracks alone at over £300 too lol

But then a lack of sold listings is odd too

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                At the same time, I reckon that's got to be worth a fair chunk to the right person. £875 might be too high but I wouldn't undercook the price personally.
                                Yeah if you really want it then it might not be crazy to see something close

I mean the Superplays alone have to be £50-£60 each plus the art books & then trying to buy the games individually & Soundtracks too will be a serious wedge of cash...that price might not be lightyears away

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X