Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone actually get any answers on how accounts can or can’t be split across Switch devices? Like, I have a Switch and my games have been bought on that under my account but both my kids play these games under their accounts. If we ever get a second Switch in the house, can we migrate anything over to that one? Or are they just locked to one Switch forever?

Comment

Nintendo's own FAQ:
      You can play digital games that you've purchased with your Nintendo Account on any Nintendo Switch console. Once you've registered a primary console, your digital purchases can also be played by anyone that uses the primary console. Other players will not be able to access your digital games on a non-primary console.

Comment

Backs up my decision to always stick with physical where possible but, given the prevalence of digital, I can see them needing to open that up once the Lite gets into households. They are selling family online subscriptions and have family accounts so at least know that families exist but this will become a barrier for families considering a second Switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Backs up my decision to always stick with physical where possible but, given the prevalence of digital, I can see them needing to open that up once the Lite gets into households. They are selling family online subscriptions and have family accounts so at least know that families exist but this will become a barrier for families considering a second Switch.
          Admittedly it brings things like the retro games into sharper focus, because those are accessible to anyone - just like a family Netflix subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
            Princess Peach?
            Soft boi!

Apparently, that's a thing...

Comment

Bought Mario Odyssey today. It’s incredible.

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
              You can hide the bar at the bottom now, too!
              I find the quickest thing to do is just press ZL+ZR when the message appears and then leave the rewind menu. The message l stays away, but maybe it’ll come back again.

I thought the hiding option was for the button display but I haven’t really paid attention.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                So it’s not like the other ones where you just need to be signed in to authorise games on your non-primary console?

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  So it’s not like the other ones where you just need to be signed in to authorise games on your non-primary console?
                  No, seemingly not. Nintendo have always been way behind when it comes to this sort of thing but it matters now more than ever. If they aren’t going to allow multiple systems to download the games, then they should at least allow you to reassign the primary system game by game. That would allow families to manage systems while preventing multiple people sharing accounts.

Comment

Having tried it with a friend, this is the way it works:

Switch A (my designated primary console): any games purchased can be played by anyone who has an account on this console
                    Switch B: i can download my purchased games without issue, but i need to be online to play them. anyone who has an account on this console cannot play the games from my account only me who purchased the games.

I can change my primary console within the eshop to Switch B, allowing anyone with an account on that console to play my purchased games, but only i can play them on Switch A when I am online.

Hope that makes sense

Comment

Thank you. Yes, that adds more clarity.

Comment

Thanks, Kit.

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION]: If I were in your situation, I’d assign the kids’ Switch as my primary console so they could play the games using their own accounts. I’m always signed in when playing anyway, so I could use the non-primary one with no trouble(assuming I can connect to Nintendo’s servers).

Comment

quite a bit more going on with the new switch models than Nintendo have let on, the screen is brighter and warmer and also more color accurate. the change to the screen makes it a lot more suitable for outdoor use and brings it more in line with smartphone displays for outdoor visibility.

As well as the better battery life it also runs cooler compared to the original. The biggest change though is the internals of the joycons, they have completely changed them including a new stick, a new board and a new battery. It's interesting that they haven't pushed these things as selling points but its more than likely that they are doing it this way to not undervalue old stock.

Last edited by Lebowski; 09-09-2019, 11:49.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if the joycons avoid the drift. I saw a tear down somewhere and they reckoned that they would still develop it in spite of the changes. But if they have fixed the drift, one reason they won’t publicise it is that it acknowledges a pretty big build flaw. Guessing these new models will be less likely to crack around the back too, another bad build flaw.

Comment

I think the model number for both my new joycons is the same as the old ones, so I figured they hadn’t changed anything. It’s good if they have, silently or otherwise.

My pouch is arriving tomorrow:

Comment

System Update 9.0 is now available for the Switch, allowing for compatibility with the SNES controllers.

That would suggest that pre-ordering for said controllers will open very soon, so keep your eyes peeled if you’re intending to order.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 10-09-2019, 10:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X