• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an eBay post but a shop price.

WWF Raw on the Sega Megadrive

321840 Yen
    or in GBP...£2200

Comment

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon of eBay sellers cancelling transactions abruptly when their auctions don't fetch a high-enough price? Setting a reserve price obviously puts a lot of people off initially bidding but I've had two decent transactions fall through where sellers claim that the game belongs to their spouse/partner/kid and that they've been caught selling their stuff.

Comment

A friend had that happen on a 360 he won for £3 recently. I'd report those people, but I doubt eBay will do much.

I think it happened to me long ago on something kinda crap so I've forgotten what the item was. Pretty crap though indeed.

Comment

This thread couldn’t contain the amount of ridiculously priced items on eBay these days. Retro good deals no longer exist.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            A friend had that happen on a 360 he won for £3 recently. I'd report those people, but I doubt eBay will do much.

I think it happened to me long ago on something kinda crap so I've forgotten what the item was. Pretty crap though indeed.
            I won a copy of Crimzon Clover for £3 a couple of years ago and the seller immediately refunded me after the auction and said that it wasn't for sale, because she'd broken up with her boyfriend and it was over at his place, where she couldn't get to it. Apart from being a scummy move if it were true, I had it out with her and reported her to eBay, who shrugged their shoulders. Less than useless.

What really irks me about last night's one is that it was for an NTSC-U copy of Koudelka, which I've been after for ages. Gaaaaah. She claimed she'd made her kid cry by selling it- as if children are in the habit of collecting minty PS1 RPGs.

Comment

No kid in the world has an emotional attachment to Koudelka.

Comment

My philosophy on selling stuff like that, list it with a starting price for the lowest value I'd take for it...
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

A friend who's looking for a PCE LT sent me this -

Seriously? £900 for a non working and yellowed system? (Very good condition though seemingly) And what's this, it comes with an ultra rare LT joypad! No it ****ing doesn't, It's a Core Grafx II pad you absolute ****. **** this guy and all these other sellers like him on eBay. This is why I'm delighted I no longer buy retro stuff.

Rant ends.

Comment

Or you could buy a Sega Master System 2....For and grand!

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for SEGA Master System II Black Console (PAL) at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      comes with an ultra rare LT joypad! No it ****ing doesn't, It's a Core Grafx II pad you absolute ****.
                      Vile behaviour. The retro/collecting scene does seem a darker world now. I'm kind of glad it is in a way because it keeps idiots like me from dipping my toe back in

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        Vile behaviour. The retro/collecting scene does seem a darker world now. I'm kind of glad it is in a way because it keeps idiots like me from dipping my toe back in
                        You can still dip your toes. Cheaper to get direct from yahoo auctions and a middle man these days. Ebay is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                          You can still dip your toes. Cheaper to get direct from yahoo auctions and a middle man these days. Ebay is ridiculous.
                          This ^ ..picked up plenty over the years that have been well below Ebay prices. In fact fleecebay is the last place I look, great for selling though hahaha

Comment

I had someone tell me that the Bluesound Node 2 I wanted £385 for was available from Sevenoaks for £350, or £299 for a refurb. I went and looked, £499 on Sevenoaks. I replied as much and was told "You obviously didn't look properly". That doesn't even make sense.

I wondered how much a real Roland 808 Drum Machine went for these days; eBay says 5 grand lol. Maybe not then!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              A friend who's looking for a PCE LT sent me this -

Seriously? £900 for a non working and yellowed system? (Very good condition though seemingly) And what's this, it comes with an ultra rare LT joypad! No it ****ing doesn't, It's a Core Grafx II pad you absolute ****. **** this guy and all these other sellers like him on eBay. This is why I'm delighted I no longer buy retro stuff.

Rant ends.
                              How can you tell if it's the LT pad or not, lighter shade of orange used? Just dawning on me i guess it wasnt a pack-in?

Comment

Working...
                              X