• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xcom. I got it on a punt and its fantastico

Comment

Re: What has everyone been playing this week? 2

Originally posted by Plough Boy View Post
      I've been playing Driver: San Francisco in 1-2 hour bursts.
      Really enjoying it. An interesting take on a racing game with all the 'shifting'. Makes for a bit of a change.
      Yeah, I love Driver and Stuntman, so I don't know why I've avoided it. Trying something new with the shift mechanic should be applauded too.

You might enjoy Stuntman too. I loved it!

Comment

Most of this week has been devoted to Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. A fantastic game, a reminder of the days when games were all about fun rather than blockbuster values and 'AAA' large-scale titles that ultimately give you about 8 hours of enjoyment. UK:R would have been pleased with this example of 'blue skies' gaming. The game also shows that it's possible to make a racing game that appeals to the single player too - online play seems to have given many developers an excuse to not put a huge amount of effort into the single player campaign. This game shows up these developers.

Also been replaying WipEout HD and have actually managed to get a Gold medal in every cell in the standard WipEout HD campaign - something I wasn't able to do when the game was released. I like to think that this shows I'm improving! Need to work through the Fury campaign now.

Comment

My weekend is all about Jiisan, i knew it would be good but had no idea just how much fun it turned out to be. It's even more depraved than the previous incarnations. Farting you can control in the loading screens, mountains of poo & full frontal nudity sneaked away in there LOL. Oh my word, the stuff thats in this game hidden away & not so hidden.

Intro is fantastic too, made a video as it really is quite something. So glad i didn't ditch my 3DS

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
            Also been replaying WipEout HD and have actually managed to get a Gold medal in every cell in the standard WipEout HD campaign - something I wasn't able to do when the game was released. I like to think that this shows I'm improving! Need to work through the Fury campaign now.
            How the hell do you control that game!? I've never managed to figure that out.

Comment

Tried going through Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One but gave up as it got really tiresome, a first for the series for me.

I'm going to try carrying on with Walking Dead and also start up Crash Time 5. PS3 Battlefield 3 also gets Aftermath this week

Comment

Played through Bulletstorm since it was free on PS+, really enjoyed playing it, not very long but alot of fun.

Comment

Halo 4 - It's good fun. Bit repetitive
                  XCom - Love this so far.
                  Uncharted Vita - Great stuff.

Comment

Rage (PC) - Played a couple of hours. Lovely graphics, except close up. Other than that WTF have id been doing for the last 15 years? The game is absolute ****. Wipe out this bandit camp, fetch this, take it there etc. every trope ever is present. Cliched characters, enemies who just run right at you. They've done NOTHING for gaming except create a pretty engine. Glad I only paid a few quid for this lol.

Comment

Dead or Alive 5... Don't ask its ok except my ******* online pass is not playing nice it was new when I bought it too

It is very weird playing as Akira or another VF character in this, not bad just strange
                      Last edited by ETC; 26-11-2012, 23:32.

Comment

Shamelessly barely played DoA5 after really looking forward to it too...

This week I've been WiiU gaming mostly

NSMBU - Utter crap. Sad thing is I paid for it...
                        ZombiU - Fantastic, best WiiU game so far - I love it!
                        Sonic Racing - Really addictive love it too!!

Comment

Sonic racing, Halo4 and a small bit of Max Payne3...

Comment

Jet Set Radioooooooooooo

Comment

Bayonetta.

Platinuming my way through hard.

LoL has taken a back seat, in fact, it's not even being thought about.
                              Last edited by dataDave; 05-12-2012, 10:51.

Comment

Mostly been paying Jet Set Radio (as awesome as ever on Vita) and Star Wars Angry Birds.

Comment

Working...
                                X