Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J0e, give it another week and the Aftermath DLC will be out for PS3 Premium (Nov 27th). Everyone will be on square one with that.

Comment

Sin and Punishment : Successor of the Skies

This is superb. Super intense, no time to stop and think and all the time you're thinking "damn, if I'd taken out those two guys there I could have taken this big fella out faster. I'll do that next time". Playing with the wiimote/nunchuck combo which I imagine must be the ideal control scheme. How could you possibly aim at all the different enemies on the screen with any other control scheme?

Stalker : Shadow of Chernobyl

This continues to delight and frustrate. It can be quite tough at times but I'm getting back into the swing of things now and managed to stealth kill a couple of dudes last night under the cover of darkness. Desperate to get hold of some night vision goggles. It's like a single-player Day-Z.
      Last edited by Brad; 19-11-2012, 13:21.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        I completed Crysis 2 in one sitting yesterday.
        How long did it take? Can see this being one of those PS+ 'play through once and delete' games.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Absolutely brilliant stuff! Like an episode of The Outer Limits or something. I was really grinning when I found out what really happened and this is only a small story that is completely independent of the main one!
          That was a great part indeed, very immersive and you just wanted to find out what the heck happened in that place. It's a good example of Obsidian's strong-points of creating interesting and well-written characters and worlds which is why I find New Vegas vastly superior to Fallout 3.

Josh Sawyer of Obsidian is a big fan of studying history and how different societies work. He was the lead designer on New Vegas and is also the director of their new Kickstarter RPG, Project Eternity so you should probably keep an eye on that game in 2014...

Comment

Ah, reading this makes me want to replay New Vegas. Absolutely storming game, even if i did have to wear a cowboy hat while spinning in circles just to avoid the bug that would make the game crash when entering New Vegas.

Comment

Re: What has everyone been playing this week? 2

Originally posted by Guts View Post

Josh Sawyer of Obsidian is a big fan of studying history and how different societies work. He was the lead designer on New Vegas and is also the director of their new Kickstarter RPG, Project Eternity so you should probably keep an eye on that game in 2014...
              I didn't know any of that, so thanks for the heads up! I'll have a look at that later.

I've not come across any game-breaking bugs, Tokyo, only invisible walls and refusal to load some saves. I'd just load an older one, then, once the game world was active, load the latest save.

It's pretty stable now and if anybody is avoiding this for fears it's broken, there's no need.

Comment

BF3 - up to about 80 hours on multiplayer now. I must admit I still prefer Ghost Recon, however this is great fun.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                  How long did it take? Can see this being one of those PS+ 'play through once and delete' games.
                  Just under 8 hours. It certainly is that.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I completed Crysis 2 in one sitting yesterday.
                    Just under 8 hours. It certainly is that.
                    You got to play games for eight hours straight?!

I'm a bit jealous of that!

I don't really want much for Christmas, but a day of guilt-free gaming would be an absolute luxury!

Comment

I think I played for over 12 hours TBH. Having a row with the Mrs. has benefits.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Been playing my newly aquired English language version of Aquanauts holiday - what a super, charming, atmospheric game; even the Mrs loves it!

Comment

Stuck on stage 2 of Sin & Punishment. I can't evade the big, rock dragon THING's fire attacks well enough so basically i lose all my health before he loses his :-( Stuck at stage 2 of 7. The shame of it.

Comment

Been playing Contra 4 on the train. What started off as an exercise in pain is quickly becoming really thrilling and a good reminder of why I started playing games in the first place. Multiplayer at university was fun too, although there was a lot of slowdown. Still, made us laugh when I missed a really easy jump and plunged down a really tiny gap on the first level.

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                            Been playing my newly aquired English language version of Aquanauts holiday - what a super, charming, atmospheric game; even the Mrs loves it!
                            Argh, mine's still in the post... beginning to suspect the worst.

Comment

I've been playing Driver: San Francisco in 1-2 hour bursts.
                              Really enjoying it. An interesting take on a racing game with all the 'shifting'. Makes for a bit of a change.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I don't really want much for Christmas, but a day of guilt-free gaming would be an absolute luxury!
                              Amen to that.

Comment

ragnarok odyssey vita

Comment

Working...
                                X