Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a load of Vita stuff, chuffing loving having one of these again, been such a bonus when I'm away in the hotel for work. (Just ran the battery flat again so taking a break!) Past couple of nights have mainly been a continuation of iconoclasts with the addition of counterspy, batman blackgate and the old staple of everybody's golf.

Comment

MGS4. Graphically this is a very impressive game. Just finished Act 1.

Comment

The last few nights have seen me re-orientate my play quite a bit and there's been some casualties along the way.

Shadow of the Colossus
        I've finished up playing this now, I have to join them chorus of praise that Bluepoint has once again received for the work they did on the game, it's truly outstanding work from them. But... as much as I hold fond memories of the game I think three generations of releases for it is enough. Time to leave it to the past. The best version easily but the design is showing its age a bit.

Fortnite
        Another one where I played a bit more then shelved. I appreciate the visuals and how solidly it runs but the endgame of each map is something I find incredibly tedious with the building aspects and matches are quite boring. Whilst similar tactics to PUBG work and can see you easily get into the final five players without hardly any effort at all, it's an exercise in boredom as the game lacks any of the tension of PUBG where the pensive waiting is part of the experience. Great on paper for a free game, but definitely inferior to the source title it knocked off for all that games faults.

Monster Hunter World
        It was always a risk. I had limited gaming time for around a week so I ended up dabbling with short burst pick up and play titles, by the time I got around to MHW again the hunting bug had passed and missions felt like a chore. Definitely felt like I had to keep myself within the gameplay loop to maintain my momentum and interest, coming in cold again at this point is too much attrition based and feels like more effort than fun. It's not bad though, there's no question that it's the best Monster Hunter and also the best of the years games released so far.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
        I've ordered WWII so have been dabbling with the past entries to dust off my skills. I only played a couple of matches but MWR remains a key go to experience regardless of how overly familiar I am with the game now. Between the original release and this, it must be the most played game I've ever owned by now.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
        Particularly fuelled by the announcement of BO4, this has been interesting to go back to. The jumping, wall running aspects make it a bit more unique and Treyarchs level design skills play to it well. I'll definitely not be sad to see those elements go but on its own merits this remains good fun.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
        The IW copy and paste title was interesting as the revisit first impressions paint it as so similar to BO3 but straight away something feels off. The map designs are probably the main issues, most lend themselves to players bouncing around rather than having clean run lines so it makes play more frustrating. Like BO3, the DLC maps rarely come up in rotation also which stiffens its appeal. There's certainly no need for this in light of BO3's existence.

So, going forward I need to have a think about what to play. Call of Duty: WWII should arrive soon and sometime over the weekend will see Burnout Paradise Remastered also turn up so there's too to pick at. I think though I need to start LA Noire Remastered before getting around to returning to Mafia III and finishing that.

Comment

Spent most of the day hibernating from the cold playing Wipeout and Rocket League with my son in Super 4k-o’vision. He had a crack on Fortnite earlier whilst I was cooking dinner, but then after we’d eaten we started on Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy. And to finish off the evening I’ve just had a good session on R.C. Pro-AM via Rare Replay.

Comment

Been mainly on PS2 Yakuza 2, just been on PS2 Vice City Stories and it's a weird experience, the visual downgrade from GTAIV/V is quantum but it feels more fluid in lots of ways and I feel more 'there'. It's simpler and punchier but still the same. But you have to use your mind to impose textures onto the textures. We always did but once games started giving us texturey textures, appreciating the textures on older games is kind of abstract.

Comment

Bayonetta on WiiU.

Playing with a pro controller now. Button spacing different to gamepad which is a pain as my thumbs have hit the wrong buttons on many occasions. Also the delay in displaying the qt button image has not been patched, meaning a guaranteed death unless I know in advance which button it's going to ask for.

Have been repeating chapters to actually get better at it rather than just get through it this time. Managed a few pure platinum encounters as a result though still getting bronze when I panic and resort to button mashing lol.

Comment

I should be playing Bayonetta as well. Instead I've been dabbling with Splatoon 2 (mainly Salmon Run which is ace once you rank up and it gets hard), dipping back into MK8D, and playing Power Drift, Kirby: Planet Robobot and Theatrhythm: Curtain Call when mobile.

Comment

As continues to be the case with me, I've been accruing more FM in SFV:AE. I've been enjoying it a little more recently with using characters I've left alone for a while. Problem is they're all over lv.20 now so its the time sync that's the concern.

Otherwise I've spent some time with Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni which isn't a bad game but doesn't hide how pervy it is.
                  Last edited by Paddy; 18-03-2018, 21:34.

Comment

2 interwebs fails means my Overwatch competitive ranking plummeted
                    So I've been trying to work my way up again. Also had let my son play a round. He was a Lucio and totally owned the other team on his own. Didn't die once and healed his own team so well they barely died either. Crazy stuff.

Comment

More Crash Bandicoot 2 from the N'sane trilogy. It's definitely the weakest entry but fun enough overall.

Comment

Sunday morning gaming sessions are back on! This time it was three uninterrupted hours of gaming bliss but the earlier I wake up, the longer I can play!

Stuntman:Ignition.

Props to [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] for recommending this. Great fun. And it reloads the course instantly which is a a lifesaver. It's not even causing me trouble at 30fps so it might open up avenues to enjoy other 30fps racers.

Mirror's Edge

Sumptuous. Much better with runner vision turned off. Going for no-weapons of course.

Soul Calibur 2 HD

Had a quick bash on this. Good fun.

Comment

I really enjoyed Mirror's Edge. It was the last 360 game I completed before I got a PS4.
                          I didn't get the "no guns" achievement, but I don't remember using one apart from where I was supposed to.

Bizarrely enough, I can see similarities with Mirror's Edge and Stuntman: Ignition in that you're been asked to perform a task and although there's a smidgen of wiggle room, mistakes usually end in a restart.

Although I think I prefer some of the levels in the original (spiral loop broken bridge jump, driving through an office block, sliding under a lorry), it's the chain system that makes Ignition so great. Yeah, you can complete each level after a few goes, but 100% chaining a scene is so rewarding. You're constantly looking for an obstacle to activate to extend your chain.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, mate!

Comment

Yeah, chaining is great fun!

Comment

I've gone back to The Division and I'm absolutely loving it.

I played it on PS4 when it first came out but moved on before the DLC/updates arrived and never went back, feeling I'd lost the momentum.

But now I'm hearing the game referred to as 'finally complete', thanks to recent updates and all dlc present. So back in I went (Xbox this time) from square one and it's even better than I remember. I pretty much love every aspect of it.

Even deemed incomplete when it launched (a label I never gave it) it was worth every penny of the asking price. But the development and support the game has had since is amazing. Fair play to Ubisoft.

This was my goty a couple of years back. It might just be my fave game this gen.

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] what is the QTE bug in Bayonetta about? Was going to pick that up as well

Comment

Working...
                                X