Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake on my crappy £5 Mobiwire spare phone, which has somehow been my main phone the last six weeks because I've been lazy about getting a new contract.

It's...really futchin' rubbish. When I first started playing it was depressing but then I discovered the hook of seeing how many blobs yo snake can geet. So far, 69 on Easy, 70 on Normal and Hard, it's taken quite long to get this far because the 'd-pad' on this is probably worse than the feel of those £5 handheld NES clones Yakumo gets. But I will make sure I get over 100 on each, by hook or by crook.

It is also the most chronically ugly version of Snake I have ever seen.

Comment

I’ve become quite addicted to Rocket League. My skills are getting better too, I scored about 8 goals last night, a couple of which were absolutely legendary.... and a couple I didn’t even mean to do. But yeah, I’m having great fun with this.

And when I’m not on Rocket League I’ve been on Wipeout and Halo. I’ve just started on Fury and I’m on the first level with the Flood.

Comment

Thought I'd try XB360 TJ RPG Lost Odyssey which I installed as free XL download last year.

I like to challenge my gaming prejudices and (re)try genres I generally don't enjoy. Turned based traditional style RPGs with slow gameplay and elaborate battle systems like this have always been a particular bugbear for me. Believe me I've started to play some of the best: FFVII/VIII, Grandia, Skies Of Arcadia, Alundra, Chrono Trigger and others but I just get annoyed and bored.

Been into Lost Odyssey for a couple of hours and it is certainly not grabbing me yet. Slightly better script/translation/voice acting than I'd expected but there is already enough of the usual weird, barely comprehensible and unengaging story telling, wooden dialogue and other stuff to suggest that this is not going to be any sort of revelation.

Still it was a free download and I'm not finding it offensively bad or so dull so I'll continue for the time being.

Comment

I'm up to chapter 5 on Detective Pikachu. There's really no challenge at all but it's charming and the cut scenes are great.

Comment

[MENTION=6808]Cepp[/MENTION] I’d like to give Detective Pikachu a try eventually. Particularly as it might be the 3DS’s final big game release. Seems to be sold out universally at the moment though!

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
              @Cepp I’d like to give Detective Pikachu a try eventually. Particularly as it might be the 3DS’s final big game release. Seems to be sold out universally at the moment though!
              I'll probably be selling mine on once it's beat so keep an eye on sale forum in that case

Comment

A bit more Sleeping Dogs.
                There's always loads to do. I've forwarded the story a bit more to access the mission-locked jade statues as the Zodiac Tournament said I'm not tough enough to participate in today's edification.

I can see myself trying to platinum this, I'm totally drawn in!

Shame the studio went bust a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  A bit more Sleeping Dogs.
                  There's always loads to do. I've forwarded the story a bit more to access the mission-locked jade statues as the Zodiac Tournament said I'm not tough enough to participate in today's edification.

I can see myself trying to platinum this, I'm totally drawn in!

Shame the studio went bust a few years back.
                  Yeah, it's a fantastic game and one of the few I've played through too 100% on PS3 AND PS4.

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I 100% completed it on 360 too. There's always something to do before you do the something you planned to do.
                    I'm going to get some XP boosting clothes then do the cop missions to get to level 10 quicker.

Comment

Sleeping Dogs is an awesome game. Wei Shen is THE coolest video game dude ever. The Enter the Dragon tournament is freaking great.

Comment

I bought it in the last PSN sale. It's in the backlog and I can't wait to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                          I bought it in the last PSN sale. It's in the backlog and I can't wait to try it.
                          Was that when it was stupidly cheap, around £3.69 or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                            Was that when it was stupidly cheap, around £3.69 or something like that?
                            £1.19 last month, and Tomb Raider was the same price! Both on PS3.

Comment

Yeah, I paid £3.69 for the PS4 Definitive Edition that has all the DLC included.

Chipping away at all the little stuff. Did all the drug busts and got to level 10 as a cop.

I love the car valet and taxis. It makes life a lot easier!

Comment

Getting lots done in Sleeping Dogs.
                                Karaoke, Face upgrade, Police upgrade, lockboxes, jade statues, cameras hacked and fight clubs all done.

Now I have all the fight moves unlocked, I'm torn between finished the story or doing The Zodiac Tournament first.

Comment

Working...
                                X