No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully, any tiredness is probably masked by the usual exhaustion the kids cause

Comment

Based on my experiences in the last 12 months of messing up my ankle a couple of times, I wrote this thing about rolled ankle treatment for runners.

Comment

Wish I’d had access to that article earlier this year. Still getting bother with my ankle five months later and it’s even affecting the heal of that foot too.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          Wish I’d had access to that article earlier this year. Still getting bother with my ankle five months later and it’s even affecting the heal of that foot too.
          Ah bummer. When you say the heel, do you mean underneath? Plantar issue from walking oddly?

Comment

Great read on the ankles Charles thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Ah bummer. When you say the heel, do you mean underneath? Plantar issue from walking oddly?
              Yeah that's right it's the bottom of the heel. I even notice it when I'm just sitting. Almost feels like there is excess weight on that foot.

Comment

Really good read Charles - thanks buddy
                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

[MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION]
                  Sadly plantar issues are common after rolled ankles due to avoiding loading of the forefoot properly during toe-off off (pain due to roll). If you still have this 5 months later it needs action.
                  Do you have pain in your heel or along the bottom of the foot? Press here to read about Plantar Fasciitis treatment for runners and see if it's relevant to you

Comment

I've been busy. I wrote about what is a healthy running heart rate (not sure why so many people freak out about their HR being very high) and Garmin Performance Condition which is a feature on the more sporty watches that checks your day to day condition in each run.

Comment

Another wonderful event, might try and persuade Mrs A to accompany me on a walking trip around the course. Doubt I could have ever managed it but I send my undying respect to those that can.
                      Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc - a 100-mile foot race crossing three countries - is epic. And that's before you even witness it close up.

Comment

I personally know many great runners that have tried and failed. The vertical is insane

Comment

I put my back out at Judo trying to lift someone who isn't particularly heavy, so now I'm back at the gym trying to improve my overall strength and fitness. Currently at 83KG, but aiming for 101KG and 15% body fat within 12 weeks. The strain on my legs is taking my mind away from my back already after just four visits.

Comment

Wow is it really possible to gain that fast?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Wow is it really possible to gain that fast?
                              Not sure. Took me about 8 months before, but I was ten years younger. I can definitely fatten myself up to beyond that point, maybe even beyond 110KG, but cutting in time could be a challenge. Maybe I just go back to Judo as a fat **** and let that do the cutting for me.

Comment

Has anyone tried reformer Pilates? I’m interested but my wonky knee and back might not be up to.

Comment

Working...
                                X