Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshopped!

Great results. Must have taken dedication to keep that up.

Comment

Didn't PB at yesterday's Parkrun. Was running with a chap who has a 19:59 PB but he said he'd pace for me at around 6:40 per mile. The remaining 2k were not good at all and I had nothing left, finishing with 21:09 and ending my 4 week PB streak. I'm in Cardiff next weekend so will try out their course for a change of scenery.

Went for a 16 mile long steady run today along the north Birmingham canals. Found a really good stretch that loops back on itself so should serve for good marathon training. Felt great afterwards and really did the trick.

Comment

Fantastic. 16 miles is a long run. Do us proud dude.

I did a 30 minute tempo run. Felt fast compared to the ones I was doing 18 weeks ago

Comment

Failed to PB at Cardiff Parkrun this morning due to stupidly positioning myself too far back in the starting grid. Wasted too much time and energy weaving in and out of people for the first km or so before I found my pace, finishing 9 seconds behind my fastest time.

Decent course if you can get near enough to the front. Old adage of the grass isn't always greener on the other side because I now realise my home Parkrun is actually a very good course for PB potential.

Comment

Never noticed this thread before. Here's my before and after:

I've always been super skinny. Started going to the gym in November last year, after pic is from end of July of this year.

Trained my upper body only (mistake #1), specifically lats, delts, pecs and traps. Did a very high volume routine (mistake #2), which eventually led to a rotary cuff injury and I had take a break from working out for three months. Started again in October, this time with a much more balanced routine. Still being extremely careful with my shoulder.

I do a lot of cardio, so I've always had very low body fat.

Comment

Good skills!

The pic on the left reminds me of that bit in Total Recall "Open you mind!" LOL

Comment

Wooo. Portsmouth Coastal Marathon on Sunday. Super excited. 4x400m today, 3mi tomorrow, rest on Thur and Fri and then a 2mi on Saturday.
                Course is about 50% off road, so it's going to be puddle and a fair bit of mud, with 500m of beach with clay to get stuck in.

On the plus side here is the water station list:
                Each water station will be full of goodies, water both bottled and cups. limited numbers on bottles. orange squash, shotz energy gels, jaffa cakes, chocolate, digestive buiscuits and boubons, jelly babies mini and jelly beans, brandy, rum, mullied wine and some tea and coffee if you want to stop and chat if it is cold.

Comment

3 miles today in the rain. Hope it clears a bit for Sunday. 3miles now seems like the shortest run in the world ever.

Comment

I hate the taper period. When you're so used to charging round, racking up mileage in double digits, a short, controlled run feels so counter-intuitive at the time.

Hope you get the time you want, Charles.

I've had such a lax week. Far too many Xmas parties and social gatherings has meant training has had to take a back seat, regretably.

Comment

I'll be happy with just running the whole way That'll give me an acceptable time.

CARB LOADING IS GO.

Comment

Been really enjoying this thread :-)

Awesome pics above, amazing work guys.

Like i've said in another thread, i've been loving my running but don't do it competitively at all. Tried that in the past and find it too stressy. I love running each run thinking it could be my last. Still, with that said i set personal goals... but never comparing to anyone else. I also think if i don't feel sick after a run i didn't push hard enough... ha.

My goal isn't to be as fit or as strong as I used to be in my prime, thats not realistic at all - i live a very different life now, but i do want to get back to this, two , maybe three years ago:

Well, that but more tonned. I wasnt very tonned then, but I was strong. I'm definitely as fit now, if not fitter... but not quite so strong.

My running has been going well, and I do my chest press / weights in the garden before my runs, but its all very 'meh' at the moment. My focus has been family life and work, i havent really got my heart back into my training, and i enjoy my food and drink too much, ha.

Speaking about short runs...

I work at Lionhead in Guildford, and near the research park is the uni. Within the Uni is the most amazing set of intense stairs. The route works out only 4 miles, there and back.

My casual route locally in Chichester is 7.5 to a slightly longer 9.4 miles. Lately ive been doing 9.4 miles in 55minutes. I love those routes, i tackle them just fine...

So this week i thought id try my Guildford route, only 4 miles remember... but those stairs... MY GOD!

It's been a good couple of months since i last tried the stair route, then i made me feel sick, so this week i thought 'im so much fitter now' - I left, didnt warm up properly, didnt really care about breathing, thought 'hell, its only 4 miles' - ran like the wind and then those stairs... this is now only like 3miles.... When i got to the stop i went pale, felt faint, felt sick and had to walk back!!!

It's such a challange!! So short yet so damaging! I f*cking hate those stairs!!

Next week im going to warm up, stretch, take my time, and bloody own those stairs. Grr!!
                        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

heheh. Stair nemesis.

Comment

Might i sugest rock climbing adam for toning? You can hit the gym, but that muscle will quickly fade i found, however all the muscle I've built through climbing has been lean, hard muscle that stays. Plus its great fun too . Combined with your running you'll stay fit as a fiddle.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-12-2012, 16:44.

Comment

Sounds like a solid plan. Its something ive been meaning to try out for some time now - cheers man. Like you, my build has stayed with me over the years because I did more natural training in the garden ay home etc, more so than the gym.

As for the stairs... They really are my ultimate goal, ha.
                              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

So recently I started boxing. Not proper boxing but pad sparring and technique "boxercise".

It is amazing for core work and really the only CV I get. I do a reasonable amount of weightlifting but I'm by no means massive. Was consequently always carrying around a bit of extra flab. The boxing has really started to take effect though, toning up without losing weight and getting a lot more relaxed and fluid. I would recommend it to anyone. The two week festive break is going to be terrible for the waistline though...

Comment

Working...
                                X