This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Update:
    Deputy Labour leader Tom Watson has joined the third London court case alongside John Major

Comment

Exciting!

Hollywood will make an awesome film about the last 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        Live Update:
        Boris has responded by saying that efforts to block No Deal are harming the UK's chances of striking a deal with the EU and thereby make No Deal more likely. He adds that the current direction of the government makes agreeing a deal more likely than before. In opposition to that the EU and Merkel have stepped in to say that in the last 9 days there have been no discussions with the UK government regarding a new deal proposal as Johnson hasn't raised anything regarding an alternative to the backstop, once again exposing his weak lies.
        Which reads as I'm trying to get Europe to crack by making it look as if no deal and a 52 billion hole in there budget is how things will go unless they offer us a better deal. He has no other cards to play as they have already said they will not renegotiate a new deal unless we change what we want significantly.

Has anyone stopped to look at this from an outsiders point of view, The pound tanking, business moving into Europe and the massive rescission where heading towards is all great publicity for the EU. Stronger together is what they want to push so why would they ever really give in to our demands. it also makes others nations thinking of leaving really think twice about leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          The pound tanking, business moving into Europe and the massive rescission where heading towards is all great publicity for the EU.
          And they are capitalising on that right now to some extent. I'm getting promoted tweets from EU departments about all kinds of opportunities. Be in no doubt - the UK leaving is a huge hit to the EU and it brings a lot of problems. But you're right that what has happened for a lot of people here in the EU is that, save for some initial wobbles, the way the UK has handled this has been a big reminder of why we're in the EU.

Comment

Live Update:
            Post-prorogue news it turns out voters don't care as voting intention for the Tories has barely changed. Current figures have it as:

Cons - 33%
            Lab - 22%
            Lib - 21%
            Brex - 12%
            Green - 7%
            Other - 6%

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Exciting!

Hollywood will make an awesome film about the last 4 years.
              I'm reckoning they'll cast Tom Hardy as Tom Watson as a kind of sexy northern bruiser, and Jeremy Irons as John Major, the silverfox and thinking lady's crumpet.

Comment

Michael Sheen for Theresa May

Comment

Pob as Michael Gove and Boris Johnson 'playing himself'.

Comment

Seems there's rumbles Cummings is threatening Tory MPs with deselection before the next GE if they vote against the party in a vote over A50 extension.

Comment

Not that we didn't know already, but it just goes to show how little these people care for the "democratic process" when it means not getting their own way. I can only hope the targetted MPs show some backbone.

This news is a little bit older but Greater Manchester Police have been targetting disabled protesters and passing that information to the DWP.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) has admitted that it has a written agreement to share information about disabled people and other activists who take part in protests with the Department for Work an…

Just makes you wonder who thought this was a good idea? As if disabled people's lives haven't been made **** enough over the past ten years, now you're trying to strip them of their disability income for daring to protest?

Comment

"Me or Corbyn Chaos"? The gaul of this guy after the garbage he's pulled over the past few days.

I really hope people see through this

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post

"Me or Corbyn Chaos"? The gaul of this guy after the garbage he's pulled over the past few days.

I really hope people see through this
                          They won't.

Comment

As part of deselecting rebel Tories, Johnson is said to be leaning towards withdrawing the whip from rebel MP's and likely sacrificing his majority and collapsing his government to get his own way.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              [URL]Johnson is said to be leaning towards withdrawing the whip from rebel MP's

Hang on, I think I've misread that.

Comment

David Gawke, one of the rebel Tory MP's, says that if MP's and Parliament don't get their act together this week then by the weekend No Deal will have a 95% chance of being the final outcome. He's also written to the Attorney General for assurances on procedure after Michael Gove was unwilling to confirm that if the law changed against No Deal that the Government would adhere to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X