No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve never seen the point. If you work hard and eat right you’ll get the gains, it’s more of an accessory these days. Honestly I don’t see what they actually offer that’s worth the cost.

Comment

Yeah, hold fire until you decide what sort of exercise you want to get into later. For example, if you get into running or cycling, you'd be better off with a reliable GPS watch like a Forerunner35.

Comment

The wife and I are looking to spot each other and act as each others catalyst for change. My brother is also currently hitting the gym hard and is doing really well (partly where this has all come from).

You can have my number Charles and send me snarky messages at random intervals!!

Half a stone a month would work for me. That's a little under 4 kilos and I've setup MyFitnessPal to lose a kilo a week. At a rough calculation that means I'd hit my target 80kgs in 35 weeks if all goes to plan but obviously I don't expect it to be that regimented.

The long term target is 80kgs which is the upper end of my weight / height ratio. First checkpoint will be getting down to 100kgs and see how I feel, how things have gone and what I enjoy / want to change.

I can walk for 30 minutes nin-stop, yes. I actually quite enjoy walking and don't know why I don't do it more.

All this info is so brilliant and I'm so grateful.

Comment

Diet is just as important. Dont forget the importance of making the right choices.

It’s hardest when you’re out and about, and you realise the lack of healthy pick up lunches or good sounding healthy options when at a restaurant.

It’s hard, but pick up the sushi or salad over the sandwich or roll,choose the chicken and salad or jacket potato over the chips. It’s hard at first, but it only gets easier. Great pick up lunch/snack is a pre packaged 125g packet of chicken breast- it’s filling and better than a carbs sandwich a usually cheaper too.

It really cannot be stressed how much a diet can transform yourself.

I’m almost tempted to post before and after pics haha
          Last edited by MrKirov; 19-06-2018, 16:28.

Comment

You will need to agree with your wife in advance that, when it comes to keeping to an exercise plan, you are ok to kick each other if need be, without ANY resentment and no matter what words you use (because sometimes words come out wrong!). You'll need to remind each other of why you are doing it if anything slips and it might be a weird conversation. But you must also promise to reward each other and praise each other, even for the smallest of achievements.

Please put a weekly meeting in your diaries, starting this weekend, for 10 minutes to talk about how it's going. This meeting should be unmissable.

You say you like walking... Can you go for a walk RIGHT NOW for 30 mins? If not, why not? What do you need to overcome that sort of challenge? If you can.... then stop mucking around on the forum and do it! See you at 5:30 [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION]

Child minding - you may need to swap so that you can both meet your goals. However, in terms of your own happiness as a couple, try and do one session a week together, even if it means working out at home, or going out with a pram together etc. Otherwise, you won't see each other

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post

I’m almost tempted to post before and after pics haha
              I find those inspiring. But only post if you don't mind them being abused by [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] in photoshop on the interweb.

Comment

I would like to see the pics.

I also have some probably terrible diet advice which I'm going to put out there anyway. The spirit of this advice comes from those times when it's really HARD to just not eat the bad stuff you like. Where the diet changes might be so large that you fall off the wagon and hate yourself (*raises hand*). It's to help avoid the "all or nothing" diet approach which I've seen fail people. It's what I call my 10% plan (your percentage may vary). Here it is: try to eat the good stuff and know that each time you do you're being good to your body. But if you have something that is representative of your old diet or isn't good for your weight, do this: eat what you're going to eat but leave 10% of it. Leave 10% of what you once would have eaten of that thing. Even divide it up on your plate so you can see the 10% - that's the bit you leave.

I realise this is probably awful advice and you should DEFINITELY follow the advice of those who know what they are talking about when it comes to diet. These are just the words of a guy who eats bad food and loves it and finds it very hard to follow the advice of those who know what they are talking about. If you're eating enough to sustain a particular weight, eating a bit less of it will mean you're sustaining a lower weight. At least, that's the thought process and it's an easy one to do.

Comment

I don’t like missing out on the good stuff, so there’s alternatives.

For instance, Breyers Ice Cream- 300 calories for the entire 500ml tub. It’s such good quality that you’d never tell the difference- especially with the cookies and cream and chocolate flavour- yet it’s the same price as Ben and Jerry’s etc- in fact it’s £2.50 a tub in Sainsbury’s right now.

Who doesn’t love a burger? Make your own with an egg, seasoning and Pork mince- cook them how you want- personally I have them
                  minus the bun so I can allow some cheese on top- but you don’t have to eat boring food to be healthy- it’s a bit of a misnomer.
                  Last edited by MrKirov; 19-06-2018, 16:23.

Comment

Blates just got caught taking a photo of myself at the gym... damn you BD.
                    Last edited by MrKirov; 19-06-2018, 16:27.

Comment

Joking aside, I think this is a great and encouraging thread and wouldn't belittle anyone's efforts.

Weight is something I struggle with and need to find time and motivation for regular exercise.

I'll happily post memes though!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay...
                        [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION] [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION]
                        This was me before.

Last edited by MrKirov; 19-06-2018, 17:45.

Comment

This is me now:

Comment

Duuuuuuuuude! That’s amazing! You look incredible. That is some hard work on show there. Really impressive. Well done. Hot stuff! But also healthy stuff.

Comment

If my lazy fat ass can do it, I guarantee anyone can.

Comment

**** me!!

#InspirationGoals

Comment

Working...
                                X