Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    5 mile road race last night with a beer and burger at the finish. 28:45 I think.
    Crikey! Meanwhile for us mere mortals, I managed a 5.5k this afternoon through the woods in 29:30.

Need new trainers though, mine have started to split on the mesh.
    Last edited by Anpanman; 21-06-2018, 16:22.

Comment

Yeah, that's my excuse too. I need new trainers. Otherwise my abs would be JUST like that.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
        [MENTION=3332]MrKirov[/MENTION] don't leave this man hanging.

Wicked transformation, by the way!
        [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION] [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION]

I don’t know what you mean by this :|

Thanks by the way I’m sure anyone can do it really!

Comment

I don't think I've posted here before, but REALLY struggling to cut this time around. Used to play sports at a high-level, then got fat, then body-built, then got fat, then got super in shape and now I'm in my fat stage again. I did post some early pics of last years progress in as short space of time on RLL a while ago. My body has taken a hammering over the years though and have recovered from shoulder impingements now have tendonitis off and on - mainly on, in my right arm, my hip is permanently tight and my lower and mid-back is hammered. I'm struggling to keep to my macros and am almost resigning myself to a 16 stone lump, which is pretty sad considering the shape I've been in throughout my life. I've traditionally been great with my diet and super tight on what and when I eat, but am struggling to have the energy for it now, especially since I've gone back in to teaching. I should know every trick in the book at this stage, but if anyone wants to motivate me or has any decent useable tips, not general bull**** like 'start slow' that would be ace. Can't exercise that vigorously at the mo due to injuries so just something to help my mindset would be ace. My partner is super fit and super supportive, but just can't seem to kick-start thing again.
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

What do you like doing?
            Last edited by charlesr; 21-06-2018, 19:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
              Crikey! Meanwhile for us mere mortals, I managed a 5.5k this afternoon through the woods in 29:30.

Need new trainers though, mine have started to split on the mesh.
              Was it warm where you were? I was running around the Goodwood motor circuit and it was pretty toasty. Woods sounds better!

Comment

Was it warm where you were? I was running around the Goodwood motor circuit and it was pretty toasty. Woods sounds better!
                Cool breeze blowing but in areas where you got out of the breeze the temperature really increased. Would be nothing like you experienced which I suppose makes your time even more impressive, well done.

Comment

Cheers. I don't think the temp held me back though. Not much anyway.

Comment

What do you like doing?
                    Lifting weights, combat sports especially boxing - all the things I can't do currently, basically
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

If genuine self improvement is a goal, I recommend combining martial arts with philosophy and meditation.

Comment

So this week has been rather nice.

Been really good (no crisps, sweets, naughty snacks or fast food! Only drinking water and tea - okay, I had one almond milk and one oat milk latte but yesterday was a hideous 14 hour work day of ****e - I'm amazed I didn't hit KFC or suchlike hard!!!)

Tracking everything on MyFitnessPal and it's really great to be thinking about what I eat and see the numbers accumulate.

Some of the MFP stuff is weird. I bought a 125mg pack of Seriously Strong Spreadable cheese and MFP lists one serving as 100g!! That's 4/5 of the tub! I'm literally using 10 or 15g on Ryvita to give it a little flavour.

On the excercise front I haven't done a huge amount this week. A couple of 30 minute walks and yesterday on site ended up doing a lot of lifting and that was tough! I have bought a fitness band but it's a £15 Lenovo one off GearBest which looks just like a FitBit only as I don't have my personal phone on me at work so the stepcounter in it is useless. At least this way I can sync everything with MFP.

From next week I'm hoping to walk at least every other evening once Harry is in bed and Nancy has chilled out a bit.

Thanks to those who have imparted such great advice. I'm really grateful.

Comment

Servings are REALLY weird. Some things, like a small bottle of a fizzy drink, are listed as 2 servings when there isn't a single person on the planet who wouldn't drink the whole thing in one go. The other day I saw a massive bag of parmesan-like cheese I had was listed as 4 servings. A quarter of the bag would kill someone. It would be like just having a bowl of cheese. Maybe it's a cheese thing.

Comment

Got some Asics from Decathlon to replace my split Mizuno's which I really like.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                              [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION] [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION]

I don’t know what you mean by this :|

Thanks by the way I’m sure anyone can do it really!
                              Teddy asked you to have intercourse with him so I said don't leave him hanging on for an answer

Comment

Just a quick update.

Been eating better and walking more these past three weeks.

Just for a laugh I jumped on the scales this morning and I've lost 3kgs!!

May not sound like much to you lot but I'm actually quite proud of myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X