X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolness!

Where are you going from here?

Comment

Maintenance mostly. There’s still a bit of a belly, back fat and sag to the man boobage- all I can do it continue and focus on areas. I enjoy weight training, so will continue with that too- which I’d have too for my chest/back/stomach anyway

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
        Maintenance mostly. There’s still a bit of a belly, back fat and sag to the man boobage- all I can do it continue and focus on areas. I enjoy weight training, so will continue with that too- which I’d have too for my chest/back/stomach anyway
        Focus more on weights now and your macros. How much do you weigh and what's your bodyfat percentage roughly?

Comment

Also, I completely ignored my own advice, went home after that picture and ate a massive bowl of Spag Bol with tonnes of pasta, followed by ice cream.

Do what I say, not what I do haha

Comment

I’m 11st 1ish currently. I’m fairly short though, hence the small weight.

I’m honestly too scared to check my body fat percentage, and deftly ignored all opportunities to find out haha

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
              I’m 11st 1ish currently. I’m fairly short though, hence the small weight.

I’m honestly too scared to check my body fat percentage, and deftly ignored all opportunities to find out haha
              I don't know how advanced you are with weight training in general but a strength training program with some adjustment to your macros depending on your training and activity could do wonders for your body composition.

Congrats on the weight loss journey though. It takes a lot of mental strength.

Comment

Holy moly, that's impressive!
                What a brilliant achievement.

So, if I sit on the floor of the gym, rather than on the bed, I'll get buff?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Holy moly, that's impressive!
                  What a brilliant achievement.

So, if I sit on the floor of the gym, rather than on the bed, I'll get buff?
                  Depends how long you’re sat there and if you’re eating crisps while you’re doing it ha!

Comment

Ha!

The thing I like about your transformation is that you've been fat.

I think naturally thin people who burn stuff off without trying will never understand how for some people, every single thing you eat needs to be worked off and if it's not, it builds up and before long, you're buying bigger trousers.

Also, food is so much more than just eating.
                    It's a treat for being good, a pick-me-up if you've been bad and a lot of people are secret eaters because it's a few moments of pleasure away from judging eyes and a brief respite from your daily grind.

Credit to you for hitting the gym, rather than the crisps, when the latter would be a lot easier.

Comment

Definately. Food was always a crutch for me. I didn’t have a good childhood, and I was mostly left alone with lots of shot food in the cupboards, and was never taught anything worthwhile so my weight ballooned.

As a kid you get teased or whatever, but it’s only as you mature you realise the impact of it, and how separate you feel from others. The whole thing has negatively shaped my psyche, and I think that will never change.

The thing thinner people will never understand, is the absolute nightmare of buying clothes, you can’t just wear something without staring in the mirror for hours messing with it until it hides your lumps and bumps (as best you can) and then every time you pass a mirror, you’re checking yourself out- not through vanity, but to see if you look “normal”. It’s a terrible thing, and something I find myself doing to this day.

I love food, I love bad food. But learning to moderate and control your urges is the hardest part.

But yeah, overall it’s a good thing, I’m happy with my progress but lots more left to do!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Ha!

The thing I like about your transformation is that you've been fat.

I think naturally thin people who burn stuff off without trying will never understand how for some people, every single thing you eat needs to be worked off and if it's not, it builds up and before long, you're buying bigger trousers.

Also, food is so much more than just eating.
                        It's a treat for being good, a pick-me-up if you've been bad and a lot of people are secret eaters because it's a few moments of pleasure away from judging eyes and a brief respite from your daily grind.

Credit to you for hitting the gym, rather than the crisps, when the latter would be a lot easier.
                        There is no such thing as "naturally thin people" This myth needs to be put to rest. Usually these people are very active throughout the day. Even if they have an office job you will see them going up and down more frequently that the rest of the office staff. They usually walk more, do more housework, etc you get the picture. All activity adds up.

Overweight people usually carry a good amount of muscle beneath all that fat. It's much easier for someone fat with the proper guidance (training and nutrition) to get into shape - provided he/she is not obese - compared to a "skinny/fat" individual. "Skinny-fat" people are usually not overweight but their muscle to fat ratio is not good Trust me, building muscle is a much more tedious and lengthy process than losing fat. We are not talking about extreme cases of losing weight here though.

On topic, this is me a month and a half ago. Probably down 1-2% fat by now (summer dieting, etc) Been doing weight training for almost two decades now.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          **** me!!

#InspirationGoals
                          [MENTION=3332]MrKirov[/MENTION] don't leave this man hanging.

Wicked transformation, by the way!

Comment

5 mile road race last night with a beer and burger at the finish. 28:45 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post

Damn, son, fine six pack you have there. Is there was a wolf whistle emoti thingy, I'd use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                                Damn, son, fine six pack you have there. Is there was a wolf whistle emoti thingy, I'd use it.
                                LoL, thanks bro. Well, I always used to do weights since I was like 19 years old, but only started getting serious with the eating side of things around 2013-2014. Up until 2013 I was around 92-93 kg bodyweight but now it's usually 82 (very lean) to 85-86 tops at winter.
                                Last edited by DaytimeDreamer; 21-06-2018, 19:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X