No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you check the rims? If they are badly scored they might be dangerous. A rim collapse at speed could be bad for your face. Fingers crossed you got them replaced in time!

Comment

I don't even know what I'm checking for. They appear okay based on a quick Google but who knows.

Comment

I had identical wear as you posted. RIM had a slight score in it, you can feel it using your thumbnail. Riding behind a bus doing 25 the rim collapsed, inner tube blew and wrapped itself round the v brake. 25 to 0 in about 6 feet.

Be safe. Buy a new wheel and change your pads more regularly.

Comment

Ah it's fine, I'll hardly ever hit 25mph, I'm as rubbish at actual cycling as I am at bike maintenance!

Comment

Sussex Masters XC race today. 5th place. 3 miles uphill, 3 down. Mudfest. Pretty pleased

Comment

Well done Charles, had a look at their site for some pics but couldn't see any.

Not been able to get as many k's as I would like, but still on just shy of 45k this month - you probably do that in a week!

Comment

Hah yeah. Been doing 60 mile weeks. Not as consistently as I'd like, but need the recovery time

Comment

Legs are ravaged. Been doing lots of hill running in preparation for the South Downs Way 50 Mile race. Only a few weeks to go.

Here's today's effort: https://www.strava.com/activities/1445370265/overview

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION], are you still running?

What's everyone else up to?

Comment

Yep! Still running although it has been really sporadic for the last six weeks with work, snow and colds. Not in any way regular and I'm finding it hard to keep a rhythm going. Cycling to work though on the (many) days when I don't run so cycling 14km on most weekdays so I'm hoping my level of fitness doesn't drop too much until I can get more regular running slots again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Yep! Still running although it has been really sporadic for the last six weeks with work, snow and colds.
                      Welcome to my world!

Getting back into it, out on this mornings 5k, a female deer and her fawn jumped out in front of me trying (successfully) to get back into the park/woodland where they live.
                      Only one thing to say;

Happy Mother's Day!
                      Last edited by Anpanman; 07-04-2018, 20:24.

Comment

Got a DNF (did not finish) at my first 50 mile Ultra today. South Downs Way 50. Worthing to Eastbourne. Beautiful course and some epic hills. Unfortunately I injured my calf out running with the dog in some gloop last week and the niggle turned into too much pain to continue, so had to drop at 36 miles. I was in 22nd place out of 400ish before I had to start slowing.

The guy that won got a course record in a frankly mental 5h44m.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Got a DNF (did not finish) at my first 50 mile Ultra today. South Downs Way 50. Worthing to Eastbourne. Beautiful course and some epic hills. Unfortunately I injured my calf out running with the dog in some gloop last week and the niggle turned into too much pain to continue, so had to drop at 36 miles. I was in 22nd place out of 400ish before I had to start slowing.

The guy that won got a course record in a frankly mental 5h44m.
                          Pansy .

Kidding .

Don’t worry about it. Super marathons are a massive strain on the human body.

Whoever set that course record is quite frankly not human.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 07-04-2018, 18:04.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Super marathons are a massive strain on the human body.
                            It was always going to be a case of go hard or go home. None of this running slowly to ensure the finish rubbish. But I think if I did a 100miler, I'd change to the running slowly tactic. I cannot imagine getting to 35 miles and thinking "yay, only 65 miles to go!" The strain on the body would be so much larger than a 50.

Comment

36 miles is still a heck of a distance.

I have my Apple Watch now and it tracks heart rate. With my running app, that was the only metric it didn’t have before and I have noticed a pretty big shift in the numbers now that it has it. Before, it would estimate my calories burned for a 7k run at about 470 or so. Now that I have the Apple Watch tracking my run, it has it at around 380 for the same run. Not sure what exactly makes the difference there (am I not working as hard as the app previously thought?) or why it would be so different and I’m not a calorie counter but I still thought the difference was interesting.

Comment

Don't put too much faith in the calories. Every device gives a different number. Also, during a run, wrist based HR tends to pick up cadence (steps per minute) if it can't get a lock on your pulse, so beware weird spikes in HR data.

Comment

Working...
                                X