No announcement yet.

Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many missed opportunities. Can you imagine how popular these would be if they made a really dinky AES system with tiny AES (flash memory) carts in mini snap-lock cases?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
      So many missed opportunities. Can you imagine how popular these would be if they made a really dinky AES system with tiny AES (flash memory) carts in mini snap-lock cases?
      Now a microscopic AES that requires the carts to be inserted with special pro-spec tweezers is something I can certainly get behind.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Haha! yes! and you'd have to use that joystick too!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            I would tend to agree, but retro just seems so in 'vouge' at the mo, with aything from classic LP, films being released on VHS, Nike Air Max 90 back on sale ( I used wear them to school LOL) , Rebook Pump back.
            I think this is down to the 21st century not having any definable culture of its own. Every decade in the 20th century had lots of things that defined them, but it feels like we're in a 'postmodern' world where people are like culture magpies nabbing things from the past and making them 'cool' again.

It's why contemporary music, films, games etc... can feel so bland. Because a lot of it feels familiar -- and has often times been done better before. Of course, it makes sense that this has happened, because you can't keep coming up with brand new, fresh ideas. Culture was always going to reach a point where people look back for inspiration, rather than forwards like previous generations had. We really are coming to a dead end when it comes to fresh creativity.

It is nice when people manage to still deliver inspired creations, but they are certainly few and far between. I think looking back and creating shiny modern versions of old things will continue to be the norm. In a way it's pretty fun for people who grew up in the 20th century and can enjoy the nostalgia.

Comment

To be honest, I don't know why they don't just make AES compatible carts again, and a fpga neo geo that can play new and old carts. Release all the old games for 100 to 250 quid. Used prices show the market is there. I'd happily complete a set at those prices too.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                To be honest, I don't know why they don't just make AES compatible carts again, and a fpga neo geo that can play new and old carts. Release all the old games for 100 to 250 quid. Used prices show the market is there. I'd happily complete a set at those prices too. just do the blindingly obvious and make a mini-AES with a quality hardware and software build from top to bottom.
                Corrected.

Comment

It would be interesting to see what that does to the market if you made reprints available of teh rarez.

Comment

In the madness of the scene the value of the originals would probably rise again.

Comment

The market is there, they might as well have a cut of people selling carts for 1000s.

Comment

OK - how about this for a compromise?

Neo-Geo AES Mini.
                        Has a zillion games on it.
                        Has a working cart slot.
                        New games can be released on Mini Carts.
                        Old system unaffected for retro fans.

That's no less bonkers than what they've already tried!

Comment

No, I want the old gams rereleased.

Comment

OK, I'll speak with my team.

Comment

Be quick, there is an asteroid on its way to Parkside Avenue!

Comment

And they’re already starting with the colour variants...

Comment

Working...
                                X