No announcement yet.

Analogue Mega Sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They’ve done a good job scrubbing all record of it from the internet, but let’s not forget Analogue have already made one Neo product - their wooden, consolidated MVS. Not saying this means they won’t do another, but I’d imagine it certainly puts it down the priority list. If they’re going to do something with a smaller target audience like that (going by number of people who already have a library of games), is sooner they revisited the PC-Engine too. Particularly so if they’d go the whole hog for PC-FX, SuperCD and so on.

Comment

How much was that wooden NG though? Like $700? Extremely niche product if I ever saw one.

I agree though, both the Neo Geo and the PC Engine are niche systems. I can see them wait for 2-3 years and then do a N64.

Comment

I if remember it correctly the Analogue CMVS I have was about £400. Thing is that’s basically a second hand one slot MVS with UniBIOS and RGB or component output. Looks the business too.
        A new FPGA based Neo clone would be great but would really need to play ROMS from a card. The original carts are just getting too expensive. The cart slot on the MVS is huge and would make the clone system quite large too. Getting a HDMI compatible Neo would be awesome though.

Comment

Would be great if they made Semitsu LS-40 sticks to go with it.

Comment

They'll do a cheaper NES next, surely.

Comment

I'm hoping they'll finally tackle a CD system next. My vote would go to the Saturn, although its formidable complexity would be off putting I imagine. Perhaps they'll tackle the PS1 first.

If they stick to carts then the PC Engine is the obvious choice. I doubt they'll do Neo Geo due to the insane cost of the carts these days greatly limiting the audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                I'm hoping they'll finally tackle a CD system next. My vote would go to the Saturn, although its formidable complexity would be off putting I imagine. Perhaps they'll tackle the PS1 first.

If they stick to carts then the PC Engine is the obvious choice. I doubt they'll do Neo Geo due to the insane cost of the carts these days greatly limiting the audience.
                Question is, how many have TG16/PC Engine games these days?

Comment

People who own PCE/TG-16?

Comment

The PCE is well catered for by the Everdrive, SSDS3 and the other ODE the name of which escapes me just now. I suppose any potential Analogue PCE has to be feature competitive with with all of the above but that’s in a moral grey area as they are effectively supporting piracy.

Comment

Never mind, misread.
                      Last edited by speedlolita; 18-05-2019, 13:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                        There are a lot of people out there with existing Neo•Geo collections who would love a nice new HDMI ready system. And if they did include two cartridge slots, as I’ve previously suggested, then that opens it up to MVS too, greatly increasing potential customer base.

As for PC Engine, it wouldn’t surprise me if a complete all-in-one console was Terraonion’s next project. An SSDS3 with a HuCard slot and built-in multitap…

At the end of the day, these are the last two systems worth doing FPGA clones of with the currently available/affordable technology, I’m sure we’ll see both within the next year or two.

Comment

My Mega SG will be here on Monday, just need to get a MegaSD and I’m all set

and I’m all set

Comment

and you’re all set

Comment

I’ll be all set too next week... just got an email my MegaSD has shipped

Comment

I hope mine is en route too. Just need to find some ISOs now. Anyone know of any tools for ripping the discs I already own. I have OS X or Doze 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X