Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devil Engine (Steam, PS4, Switch)

Wow, that looks ace!

I hope there's an easy mode for rubbish players like me to see everything as it looks like there's a lot of inventive ideas in there.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Steam: Winter 2018
      PS4, Switch and Exa-Arcadia: 2019

Comment

I think it looks good; however, this seems a good time to ask - am I the only one for whom the "indie-game SNES aesthetic" fad has worn out now?

I mean, I still like it, because I'll always love how 16-bit games looked, and titles like Sonic Mania or Freedom Planet which show this aesthetic bolstered by modern processing power still look great, but at one time (probably Scott Pilgrim was the apex) I could play an indie game for this feature alone, and glean enjoyment.

Now I'm at a point where the visuals just don't do that anymore; I need to know it's actually got the chops to be a good 16-bit style game too.

Comment

Yer not keen on the art style, but man...that music is worthy.

Comment

I'm okay with the SNES visual style, mostly due to being thankful to finally see the NES era style wear out of fashion

Comment

I don't know what it is that's bothering me with the visuals - I think it might be the volume of animation? - but still, looks interesting enough. It looks like there's some kind of mechanic which allows you to deal with bullets nearby your ship, which reminds me a little of Akai Katana (which I reaaaally love).

Particularly intrigued about it having an Exa-Arcadia release.

Comment

The bullet patterns tell me that I'd buy it, play it for five minutes and get annoyed by it, then never play it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  The bullet patterns tell me that I'd buy it, play it for five minutes and get annoyed by it, then never play it again.
                  This coming from the guy who spent 20 years finishing Soldier Blade...
                  Where’s your resolve!
                  Last edited by Goemon; 25-09-2018, 05:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    am I the only one for whom the "indie-game SNES aesthetic" fad has worn out now?
                    It looks like a SNES/Neo Geo shooter with a Mega Drive colour palette. There are some nice visuals, but it all looks a bit too washed out to impress me. Looking at it in action, it looks like a hotchpotch of design ideas, so lacks finesse.

I like the idea of modern 16-bit style shooters, but they definitely need to impress me with visual flair.

Comment

Devil Engine Ignition

Some DLC coming later this year for the Switch/PC versions which will be included with the PS4 game at launch.

- 6 new stages, doubling the size of the game
                      - New arranged soundtrack by a variety of veteran composers, such as Shinji Hosoe (Street Fighter EX), Saitama Saisyu Heiki (Koihime Enbu) and Loser Kashiwagi (CHO REN SHA 68K)
                      - Fan favorite secret ship "Scathach" is now available from the start
                      - All new ship "Boudicca", exclusive to Ignition
                      - New unlockable shaders and features to customize your game
                      - A new announcer powered by Vocaloid technology
                      Last edited by _SD_; 30-05-2019, 23:37.

Comment

SamplingMasters MEGA? Check.
                        Vocaloid announcer? Un-check.

Surely this must be due for one of the physical publishers to put this out? Please?

Comment

Working...
                        X