Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's beautiful Darren, a whole building of games!

Have you got much room for expansion or are you at the limit? Can't wait till me and the missus moves to our new 3 bedroom place, games room!

Comment

We the size of the room is 7 foot wide by 16 foot long so it's a decent size but space is obviously as a premium. I could add shelves etc, but I don't really want to ass I have about 400 games in total there. The aim is to simply get rid of the stuff I never play (which is a lot) and replace it with stuff that does get some love.

Comment

Image on that Trinitron looks quality.

Comment

It's not too bad. There's a little bit of geometry on it though. I'm trying to find someone who can return it as it really is the perfect size, even if it's heavy as hell.

Comment

That's the one I tweeted you a while back Ollie. Looks like the SNES was causing issues on it. MD looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
              It's not too bad. There's a little bit of geometry on it though. I'm trying to find someone who can return it as it really is the perfect size, even if it's heavy as hell.
              Unable to fix it yourself in the service menu?

I'm always chuffed when I load up a new game on my display, got the geometry almost perfect.

Comment

We couldn't figure out how to get to it.

Comment

Usually just a set sequence of 5 buttons on the Sony remote. Can't remember them off the top of my head though.

Best thing you can do is try grab the service manual (in PDF form) for that specific model though.

Got one for my KX-14CP1 and it has the full schematic too. I had to manually adjust geometry via pots on the chassis though.

EDIT: If you want to give me the model number of it then I could search for a service manual for you if you like.
                  Last edited by speedlolita; 17-11-2013, 18:41.

Comment

Will look into that.

Could it be done on my Toshiba? Is it easy to mess up?

Comment

Could be done on your Toshiba potentially yes.

As for messing up, possibly. Make a note of all values first and find the ones for horizontal and vertical size and then v. and h. hold (stretch). You will notice others curve the sides of the image at the top and bottom and other such related sizes but there are some settings you just want to leave alone. If nothing happens to the image after adjusting by one or two increments then I would suggest leaving that setting alone and putting it back to how it was.

Last edited by speedlolita; 17-11-2013, 18:57.

Comment

the model number is
                        KV-M2521U

Comment

I'm afraid that model doesn't have geometry adjustment via menus.

It does appear as though that if you were to remove the rear casing the pots are on the rear board which would make adjustment a breeze.

Perhaps when nobody is going to be around for a while or Nakamura is over you could have a crack at adjusting the image manually like this. Feed the CRT a nice 240p image and adjust away. Of course you may just want to get someone else to do it for you, but at least you know that there is the option now.

Full PDF of the service manual can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?9zceb58xtg3xgl3

Comment

cheers.. That sounds mighty dangerous though...

Comment

I wouldn't really consider it dangerous as long as you take the correct precautions but if you're showing concern then maybe it would be best to just leave it as it is.

Comment

As you can see, the Xbox One is just a Wii with a bit on the side.

Comment

Working...
                                X