X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks decent, but I'd lose the sticks.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

As soon as I get around to hooking up the Dreamcast and Saturn, I'll have to - no space.

Comment

I bought an X-arcade stick many many years ago before I knew better. Whilst build quality is sturdy yet shoddy I always liked the 'clunk' feel of the buttons and stick. People slate them something rotten though.

Comment

Originally posted by grain-flavour View Post
          I bought an X-arcade stick many many years ago before I knew better. Whilst build quality is sturdy yet shoddy I always liked the 'clunk' feel of the buttons and stick. People slate them something rotten though.
          Arcade stick snobs are second only to NEOGEO snobs.

Comment

Recently just moved around some stuff in my "media" room. It's still quite plain and quite a mess when I took these photos.

The room from the entrance. Here you can see my desktop PC in the corner with printer, scanner etc. Oh, and my very comfortable gaming chair from IKEA.

These are the consoles I use the most. They're all connected to the TV via RGB (via the XRGBmini Framemeister) / HDMI and all run through the Dolby Digital / DTS 5.1 cinema system. Consoles are Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast, Super Famicom and Xbox 360 Elite. Other stuff connected to the TV are a Acer laptop on top of the DVD player which is on top of the BluRay Player.

The games I really like are kept in the gaming closet.

In here are Saturn, Mega Drive and Super Famicom games along with a few box sets and stuff on the top shelf. The white tub things are moisture evaporators. They contain special stones that trap water from the air which collects below. These keep the games nice and dry.

My 360 games and a few Mega CD and Dreamcast games are kept in this display case next to the hardware. Most of my other games are in boxes in the bed room.

All my controllers and stuff are kept in these handy black tidy boxes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
            Last edited by Yakumo; 19-05-2013, 14:36.

Comment

Is that a silver Megadrive?..it looks awesome.

Comment

Well, the balck and silver DC and Saturn aren't bad either.
                Clean console setups like Yakumo's make me want rearrange mine, but I'm terrible at cable management.

Comment

Yep, silver Mega Drive, DC and Saturn the Mega Dive does look smart though. I'm on the phone now so posting a like to a good picture it a pain but I will do later on.
                  briareos_kerensky, don't worry about cable management. Behind the TV it's a spaghetti jungle! Just as long as most cables are out of sight is all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Yep, silver Mega Drive, DC and Saturn the Mega Dive does look smart though. I'm on the phone now so posting a like to a good picture it a pain but I will do later on.
                    briareos_kerensky, don't worry about cable management. Behind the TV it's a spaghetti jungle! Just as long as most cables are out of sight is all that matters.
                    Lovely setup! Is that a dedicated hifi unit you've used for the consoles? As for 'spaghetti jungle' me and my other half did a bit of furniture moving today and when she saw what was behind the tv, let's say..she wasn't happy! She has ocd about checking if she left her straighteners on..I'm like 'they're overlong wires, they are all necessary!'

Comment

Originally posted by grain-flavour View Post
                      Lovely setup! Is that a dedicated hifi unit you've used for the consoles?
                      It's my home cinema set up. It's pretty small (only a bit larger than a Wii) but weighs 10 times more. It's unbelievable how heavy such a small box can be. It has 2 digital inputs which are used for the BluRay player and TV. The Mega Drive audio goes direct from the MD's headphone port in to the amp while the Saturn, SFC, and DC all have the audio going in to the XRGBMini Framemeister then in to the TV via HDMI and from there in to the amp via the digital cable. The laptop's and 360's audio also goes in to the TV via HDMI and then in to the amp via the digital cable from the TV. It sounds a mess but really quite simple and keeps perfect audio sync and quality.

As promised here are some close up images of my Mega Drive paint mod. There's a big scratch on it because this was one of many junk MD systems I have in my wardrobe.

crappy mobile phone pictures, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Behind the TV it's a spaghetti jungle! Just as long as most cables are out of sight is all that matters.
                        FEAR MY CABLES!

I can't really be bothered by cables. Every time I try to bundle them, I end up hating myself for doing so when I have to swap/move anything.

But at least the games are in order

Comment

Omg that's worse than our server room lol

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                            FEAR MY CABLES!

I can't really be bothered by cables. Every time I try to bundle them, I end up hating myself for doing so when I have to swap/move anything.

But at least the games are in order

Lol That's quality

Is there actually any console your missing from that setup??

Neil

Comment

How do you deal with all the inputs to your tv or monitor

Also where did you get the white shelves?

Comment

No Virtual Boy?

Nice Wacom too btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X