Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a measly 49" Sony XF9005 and I love it, two generations older than yours but the full array local dimming looks seriously impressive for a non OLED. Built in Android stuff has been more than capable for Crunchyroll and Netflix too.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
      Finished!

I bought the unit from Ikea. Just across the top (off screen) there's a shelf that goes straight across so everything is inside the unit.

The TV is a 55" LG CX OLED

The small retro section is a PS1 Mini, Mega Drive Mini and then my original NTSC Wii which is softmodded as a retro machine, it's basically on life support lol.

Then I have a V2 Switch, Series X and Series S for my two Son's which goes to their bunk beds for when they come to visit, it's running off of a HDMI splitter. It's ideal for bed time Disney + too, their screens can be pulled out and rotated (great for shmups!). Then I have a PS5 Digital as I'll mainly be using it for Sony exclusives and PS+ games.

To the left of the unit there is a black dustbin that I put my rubbish in.

How is your Wii connected to the CX? I have the same TV and didn't get anything in the box to connect component or composite inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        I've got a measly 49" Sony XF9005 and I love it, two generations older than yours but the full array local dimming looks seriously impressive for a non OLED. Built in Android stuff has been more than capable for Crunchyroll and Netflix too.
        Yeah I'm looking forward to full array dimming although this new model only has something like 32 zones? It does most of the hard work through clever software.

My current Samsung is edge lit though so anything is a step up really. I'm getting a bit excited now as it's only two days to go.

Comment

My living room set-up. Had to recently remove the DC, PS2, Wii and Saturn to accommodate the new consoles. They all live in a dug into chimney breast. TV is just a 1080p Bravia sitting on a Yamaha sound bar. Does me for now.

Comment

I spot the Switch tucked in there with the Hori Split Pad! Your problem is that hulking PS5 taking up a chunk of space!

I've been measuring up the wall mount for my new TV and I've got to brave drilling into the studs tonight to hold a 39kg TV... I just realised the entertainment unit shelf actually holds my soundbar exactly so I've stuck it down there for now.

It all looks very clean compared to how it was, now I've just got to wait patiently for the new TV and then pray it sits on the wall ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
              How is your Wii connected to the CX? I have the same TV and didn't get anything in the box to connect component or composite inputs.

I use a powered component video to HDMI converter and power it from the top USB out on my Wii, then run a HDMI cable to the TV.

This is not exaclty the one I have but this should do the trick!: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YPBPR-to-...wAAOSw4jlfNQMu

Edit: I tend to not power any of my devices from the USB out on my CX, I had an LG C9 earlier this year and I fried the HDMI board using a cheap Chinese USB charger. That was a costly mistake because I didn't have a receipt and LG wouldn't repair it!
              Last edited by MarioMark; 30-11-2020, 13:58.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                My living room set-up. Had to recently remove the DC, PS2, Wii and Saturn to accommodate the new consoles. They all live in a dug into chimney breast. TV is just a 1080p Bravia sitting on a Yamaha sound bar. Does me for now.

Will you be leaving the PS4 hooked up? At least now you have a PS5 you'll unlock the PS4 Pro advantages when playing PS4 games on PS5.

Comment

Will you be leaving the PS4 hooked up? At least now you have a PS5 you'll unlock the PS4 Pro advantages when playing PS4 games on PS5.
                  Yeah, I think so. Until I have the terrorbytes I need on PS5. What would I then put in place of the PS4? PS2 maybe... Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    I spot the Switch tucked in there with the Hori Split Pad! Your problem is that hulking PS5 taking up a chunk of space!
                    Well spotted!

Yeah, it's a beast and a bit of an eyesore. I think I'm getting used to it now.

Comment

Every time I see a PS5 in a setup I think to myself... christ my kids are going to tear that thing apart.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        Yeah, I think so. Until I have the terrorbytes I need on PS5. What would I then put in place of the PS4? PS2 maybe... Hmm.
                        PS2 you say?

Comment

I think I may have to get my Series S set up with that once the bugs have been ironed out. Exciting stuff.

Comment

Lol, I didn't even notice the PS5.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post

First time that's ever been said.

Comment

Working...
                                X