This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    I don't understand why they don't issue the thin old style ones at all any more. The thicker bulkier ones are just a pain. Also, my fault, but I always forget so I have enough of them for about 200 lifetimes at this point.
    Are you in the wrong thread or are you discussing the relative girth of party manifestos?

Comment

Hahaha, that was in reference to the bag conversation above. I do like my politicians nice and slim though. I base who I vote for purely on their body shape, it can really simplify things.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        I don't understand why they don't issue the thin old style ones at all any more. The thicker bulkier ones are just a pain. Also, my fault, but I always forget so I have enough of them for about 200 lifetimes at this point.
        I think they were worried about the backlash from the segment of the public who don't give a **** about the environment, so they bolstered the purchaseable bags so they feel more substantial.

Comment

This is amazing. C4 are going to replace Boris with a block of melting ice after he refuses to attend a climate change discussion.

Comment

The block of ice will get you a better Brexit.

Comment

The non-attendance of BoJo means that he believes he has it sewn up. Party leaders always attend unless they feel that doing so can only cost them votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                The non-attendance of BoJo means that he believes he has it sewn up. Party leaders always attend unless they feel that doing so can only cost them votes.
                I'm sad to say he probably has. Large swathes of this country just want to watch it burn.

Comment

Even if he has it sewn up, that he'd grow that lazy that fast mid-campaign should tell supporters all they need.

Comment

I feel it's less about laziness and more that the damage that not turning up would do is significantly less than the potential damage of being there and saying stupid stuff. A combination of arrogance (he can afford not to turn up) and fear, in my opinion.

Comment

It's so depressing that the current Prime Minister is so worried of saying something that will hurt his popularity in the space of what would probably be 15 minutes worth of talking, because it's that likely, that he won't engage fully in the campaign he wanted. More so that so much of the public see's that and doesn't find the notion of him getting back in power an utter embarrassment.

Comment

Did you see that rather than turn up to the debate, Johnson sent his dad and Gove.

The Tories then filmed Gove arriving and getting turned down to talk in Johnson's place because it's a leaders debate and, despite tugging at his little weaselly todger dreaming about it, he's not actually the leader.

He spun it that Corbyn and Sturgeon "refused to debate a Conservative".

In case you were wondering where Gove stands on climate change, here are some of his voting records:

Corbyn, for reference:

It's also said that the government threatened to revoke Channel 4's broadcasting licence before the debate:

I can't tell you how much I loathe Gove.
                        He's this kind of reverse Midas, where everything he touches turns to ****.

Comment

I honestly don't get why they keep him around, his legacy is that of a traitorous weasel.

Johnson's doing a press conference but to be honest there's nothing to say. He might as well record one 10 minute blurb and play that every time he speaks, it's the exact same drivel without variation every time.

Comment

Things have narrowed a bit in many of the polls, the Tories are still leading by an almost comfortable margin, but I'd say it's definitely not a given that Johnson will romp it home. There's still two weeks for that margin to narrow further or maybe that Brexit vote will further collapse (it's definitely helped the Tories).

Last edited by MartyG; 29-11-2019, 11:59.

Comment

How much of a swing would be needed for a coalition to topple Johnson at this rate?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                How much of a swing would be needed for a coalition to topple Johnson at this rate?
                                It'd need a substantial amount of Scotland to vote for Labour.

Comment

Working...
                                X