No announcement yet.

Mega Drive Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they sell the official 6 button pads separately as well.

Comment

I’m hoping for a replica of the Arcade Power Stick that I can use with the Mega Sg. Preferably with a nice micro-switched stick like the original Japanese one.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
        I’m hoping for a replica of the Arcade Power Stick that I can use with the Mega Sg. Preferably with a nice micro-switched stick like the original Japanese one.
        That would be nice but will never happen.

Comment

I'm hoping 8bitdo do are wireless MD Mini version of their M30. They catered for the SNES Classic.

Comment

Yeah, I mean I'm not too fussed about missing out on Street Fighter and Comix Zone and yeah, I can easily pick up a six button one here but I just think it's wierd they split the skus. The classic 3 button I guess is more nostalgic for most people, and matches that console but comfort wise I will be picking up some additional controllers. Now, where is that multitap....

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
              The fact Street fighter is bundled makes the 3 button pad for Europe even more baffling.
              I think I've mentioned this before but I might be one of the few people who is actually looking forward to some 3-button SF

I mean if I wanted to play the full-fat version I have it on other platforms, but back-in-the-day, I had to play the 3-button version because that's all we had. It's nostalgic to me.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                they sell the official 6 button pads separately as well.
                Are these the ones?

Comment

Originally posted by BearBoy View Post
                  No they are not the retro bit ones they are the ones that come with the md mini made by Sega themselves. They won’t be released till the mini comes out but amazon japan have them listed i’ll Post up the link when I’m in from work as I can’t do it easily from my phone.

Comment

These - https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07QB9TR...ZXBCPZ5HD8ATYZ

Have they also been announced for the West too then?

Apparently, Sega have confirmed the Retrobit controllers will work though.
                    Last edited by tokyochojin; 17-05-2019, 09:06.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                      These - https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07QB9TR...ZXBCPZ5HD8ATYZ

Have they also been announced for the West too then?

Apparently, Sega have confirmed the Retrobit controllers will work though.
                      Ah cheers for posting link, saved me a job.

Comment

Totally liking how right they seem to be getting this it’s like they looked at the shatgames version and did the exact opposite in every way.

Authentic looking replica- check
                        Competent emulation team- check
                        Chiptune master to compose menu music- check
                        Varied selection of great & some rather rare & expensive titles- check check & check
                        Near identical Japanese system box art- check

Comment

The Japanese site gives a little insight to the menu, menu music and saving...

Re: menu
                          A menu screen with 40 packages lined up at the time with nostalgic packages. It is also possible to switch the order in the order of sale, in the order of the Japanese syllabary, or in the same genre.
                          You can also fit 40 titles on one screen by switching the screen.
                          In addition, the music and sound effects that flow here are handled by Hito Anzo, a hit maker who works on a number of masterpieces of music from the era of mega drive to the present age, such as the Bear Knuckle series and the Labyrinth of World Tree series You are

Re: Saving
                          For all games, you can save up to 4 locations per game anywhere in the game. You can save at any time if you want to use a short time to advance the trick game, or during a long event. In addition, because it is possible to save immediately before the stage or boss with high difficulty, load many times and play repeatedly, you might be able to see the ending of that game that you could not finally clear at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            In addition, the music and sound effects that flow here are handled by Hito Anzo, a hit maker who works on a number of masterpieces of music from the era of mega drive to the present age, such as the Bear Knuckle series and the Labyrinth of World Tree series

(it's Yuzo Koshiro)

Comment

Funny, the site actually says Yuzo Koshiro in the credits at bottom of page and refers to this Hito Anzo on the page

EDIT: Ah google translate has done this

Comment

I loved Hito Anzo's work on Bear Knuckles.

Comment

Working...
                                X