Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahahahaha. No.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
      The Dark Knight Returns(my panny plasma bought a whole new meaning to the word dark :S)

No need to elaborate here, just awsome from head to toe...and superior in every way to TDK.
      I think (hope) you mean RISES?

The animated DKR is a little pants because of Peter Wellers voice acting IMHO. Michael Ironside would've been perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
        I think (hope) you mean RISES?

The animated DKR is a little pants because of Peter Wellers voice acting IMHO. Michael Ironside would've been perfect.
        Yes my bad, been a long day...

Comment

Kick Ass

Gets better the more times you view it, there is still something very disturbing about an 11 year old girl saying the C word, and getting shot at & beaten up, but for some reason it still briings a smile to my face.

Comment

She doesnt say it with enough conviction for my liking personally.

Comment

I saw The Master over the weekend.

I can't decide how I feel about it to be honest. Sort of liked it but sort of didn't. Some very powerful scenes and excellent performances but also a few wasted moments where they really could have gone a deep route but didn't.

I think a second viewing is needed, there is a lot to take from the story and a lot of ways the story can be taken. Well shot film as well.
              Confusing.

Comment

Just saw the Expendables 2 with a mate. We were really up for enjoying this as we share a love for ol skool action classics. Whilst its better than the first one it was still barely passable. More B+ than B movie budget, we got the feeling most of the money went into paying all the stars fees. The action choreography is basic, you;ve seen it all before. In fact all the best bits are pretty much in the trailer. I dont think I'll be bothering with Expendables 3, even if they resurrect Bruce and Brandon Lee for it!

Oh, and Van Damme is a terrible bad guy. I mean, really boring and didnt look interested at all.

Comment

The Amazing Spiderman

Hmm ... Not too sure what to say about this really , firstly I am going to be completely biased as I don't believe another Spider-man remake was even required, so I will get that out straight away.

Putting that to one side, the film wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, there were some things to like, quite a bit that I didn't though. For one Sally Fields is criminally underused in this, secondly I don't like how Uncle Ben was handled, he gets killed (not a spoiler I am sure) and the film briskly moves on, and yet when another character dies later on in the film, way more emphasis is put on that.

Also Peter Parker is a complete dick in this too, he is totally unlikable swinging (pardon the pun) from 'angst' teen to arrogant twat sometimes in the same scene. I can't really get on with that as it's made to make the film more 'edgy' like a bit of Chris Nolan has crept in. Whilst some may seem it as more an interesting take on the character, I don't, it was just done to try and make the film different from the Raimi Trilogy, which it really didn't need to do.

Also the whole 'Mirrors Edge' thing just does not work, ok maybe in 3D it might, but it's just completely off putting and really not required. And even though we are a good ten years since the first film it still seems that they can't quite get the feel of the special effects right, it's better, just not right.

Saying that the Lizard Man was done right, and at least made for a reasonable villain, but again the whole set up is to pave the way for more films. These sorts of films should tell their story without worrying whether a sequel will be made or not. Trouble with this is that its just a setup for the inevitable sequel(s).

Also other things erk me , like for example the radioactive spider lab sequence, instead of just getting bitten by accident, which would have been perfectly plausible, Peter Parker in his infinite wisdom decides to go straight into a quarantine lab, I mean really would anyone do that in real life ... er no.

So there you go, not much to say really, its a perfectly serviceable superhero film, but the Raimi are much better in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                    The Amazing Spiderman

Hmm ... Not too sure what to say about this really , firstly I am going to be completely biased as I don't believe another Spider-man remake was even required, so I will get that out straight away.

Putting that to one side, the film wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, there were some things to like, quite a bit that I didn't though. For one Sally Fields is criminally underused in this, secondly I don't like how Uncle Ben was handled, he gets killed (not a spoiler I am sure) and the film briskly moves on, and yet when another character dies later on in the film, way more emphasis is put on that.

Also Peter Parker is a complete dick in this too, he is totally unlikable swinging (pardon the pun) from 'angst' teen to arrogant twat sometimes in the same scene. I can't really get on with that as it's made to make the film more 'edgy' like a bit of Chris Nolan has crept in. Whilst some may seem it as more an interesting take on the character, I don't, it was just done to try and make the film different from the Raimi Trilogy, which it really didn't need to do.

Also the whole 'Mirrors Edge' thing just does not work, ok maybe in 3D it might, but it's just completely off putting and really not required. And even though we are a good ten years since the first film it still seems that they can't quite get the feel of the special effects right, it's better, just not right.

Saying that the Lizard Man was done right, and at least made for a reasonable villain, but again the whole set up is to pave the way for more films. These sorts of films should tell their story without worrying whether a sequel will be made or not. Trouble with this is that its just a setup for the inevitable sequel(s).

Also other things erk me , like for example the radioactive spider lab sequence, instead of just getting bitten by accident, which would have been perfectly plausible, Peter Parker in his infinite wisdom decides to go straight into a quarantine lab, I mean really would anyone do that in real life ... er no.

So there you go, not much to say really, its a perfectly serviceable superhero film, but the Raimi are much better in my opinion.
                    I thought the film handled the loss of uncle Ben well, in fact it did a good job with the more dramatic and human moments, it was just everything else that it didn't do that well. As far as being a more realistic take on the development of Peter Parkers character though I thought they did a good job, even better than what I've ever seen it done in the comics.

Oh yeah, and it's just Lizard, not lizard man.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post

Have to say I agree with all your points, it wasnt a necessary reboot and its poor execution to me shows so far it hasnt been justified as they havent "improved" on the Riami film.

Comment

Maybe they will build on it and make a much better sequel.

hopefuly they can get some better cgi in the next one though. It was pretty bad in this one.

Comment

Thats the problem with most bloody blockbuster films these days. The studios are too bloody greedy making films to build franchises out of, very few go balls out at the first attempt and leave you feeling WOW. Instead its easy to feel cheated. Thats why I liked Nolans Bat trilogy, I felt they just concentrated on making the best film possible each time.

Comment

Lol, the new Spiderman is such an improvement over the waste of space Raimi trilogy, it's laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                              Thats the problem with most bloody blockbuster films these days. The studios are too bloody greedy making films to build franchises out of, very few go balls out at the first attempt and leave you feeling WOW. Instead its easy to feel cheated. Thats why I liked Nolans Bat trilogy, I felt they just concentrated on making the best film possible each time.
                              I was actually disappointed with the last Batman as much as I was with The amazing Spider-Man so I don't think that's the answer. I actually think the problem with both films is not just that they don't try to wow you, but completely pass up opportunities to do so.

With the last Batman it felt like Nolan was jumping on his own bandwagon and as a result the film lacked life. It didn't help that it's probably his worse job as director, full of inconsistencies and some really cheesy moments where characters explained plot devices directly to the camera either. It wasn't half as classy as his two previous Batman films. Making batman a side character in his own movie didn't work either, even if it had done for Tim burton in the past.

The amazing Spider-Man ended up making many of the same mistakes, action scenes had no life and there was an air of insignificance about the whole thing. Also much like the last batman they didn't use the films hero well at all. For instance when does spidey have fights with super villains and never say a single fun one liner? In going the dark serious route they missed what makes spider man a well loved superhero.

they captured the tone of the ultimate comics but completely forgot to include the heart of them.

Think one of the reasons the films by marvel have actually impressed people so much is becuase they are well made, written and acted peices but they don't ignore their roots to achieve it and are big budget movie making at its most enjoyable.
                              Last edited by rmoxon; 25-11-2012, 10:32.

Comment

The king of devils island with Stellan Skarsg?rd, safety not guaranteed (abit cobblers) and an oldie, The spy who came in from the cold with Richard Burton
                                Last edited by dvdx2; 25-11-2012, 10:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X