Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Saw Argo last night at the cinema and it was ace. Directed by and staring Ben Affleck it is based on the true story of a CIA attempted rescue of 6 American Embassy workers at the beginning of the 1980's. Ben is fantastic and looks a bit like Dave Grohl with his beard. It also has John Goodman, Alan Arkin and the bloke who played Malcolm's Dad in Malcolm In The Middle in it. Go see.

kevin smith had a funny story about how after watching red state ben affleck took a lot of the cast from that film and after watching red state kevin asked ben for a line (like to put on posters or dvd cases as a quote) and ben said "this film has a excellent cast"

Saw Total recall 2012 didnt like it taking it self way to seriously and had a very generic look to it

Comment

Had a "horror" night. Watched Jennifers Body, V/H/S and The Cabin in the Woods.

The only memorable things I can mention is Amanda Seyfried and Megan Fox having a proper snog and a pretty realistic penis being ripped off in V/H/S. Otherwise its a night I would like back!

Comment

Watched The Mist for the second time the other night, to show my friend how awful it is. Terrible, terrible film. Frank Darabont and his gang of cronies should be savagely beaten and fed to a ravenous pack of crappy CG monsters.

Last night we watched The Thing 2011 (ugh). What a lot of pointless rubbish.

Comment

Another horror evening...always try and watch them while I have an empty house late at night.

The Devil Inside - Another turkey...the whole 'found footage' thing really needs to die now...also I need to read the description on the Sky player better to avoid them! The best thing I can say about it is it is 79 minutes long.

So i gave up on scares and went for Final Destination 5. Since they started making them in 3D the humour in the kills has suffered imo

During the second one me and my mate laughed so hard we were warned about noise from the staff (kiljoys) but now its just 'squirt intestines at screen LOL' although

watching the laser surgery girls eye get squashed was quite good

Today I have Source Code and Moon lined up for a change of pace and (hopefully) quality!

Comment

I need to watch the early Peter Jackson stuff again. Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles and especially Braindead.

Which all then remind me I need to watch Society again

Comment

Oh man you are in for a treat, especially with Source Code which I think is the better of the two. I've seen it about 5 times now!

Comment

Tried watching the Total Recall remake with an open mind to just enjoy it, couldnt get past the first 10 mins.

Comment

Re: What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                  Oh man you are in for a treat, especially with Source Code which I think is the better of the two. I've seen it about 5 times now!
                  Have you heard about All You Need Is Kill?

[hide]"The story is told from the perspective of Keiji Kiriya, a new recruit in the United Defense Force which fights against the mysterious 'Mimics' which have laid siege to Earth. Keiji is killed on his first sortie, but through some inexplicable phenomenon wakes up having returned to the day before the battle, only to find himself caught in a time loop as his death and resurrection repeats time and time again. Keiji's skill as a soldier grows as he passes through each time loop in a desperate attempt to change his fate."[/hide]
                  Last edited by QualityChimp; 18-11-2012, 14:36.

Comment

Could you put that in spoilers in case Loftgroover sees it before watching Source Code?

Looks interesting though, I might get the manga

Comment

Unfortunatly instead a of ayoung asian actor, Tom Cruise is appearing in the movie FFS!

Comment

Re: What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                        Could you put that in spoilers in case Loftgroover sees it before watching Source Code?

Looks interesting though, I might get the manga
                        Fixed! I thought the premise of Source Code was in the blurb, but I hate spoilers so much I avoid trailers!

I can't seem to find the manga, although I've not tried very hard.

I wonder if the similar plots will put people off seeing AYKIK. (Or maybe just Cruise, whom I think is a good actor, just ignore his off-screen antics!)

Comment

Just watched TDKR again, 4th time I've seen it and its just not getting old. Its just a perfect movie for me, I love the rousing music, the all star cast where even the bit part characters (cops/soldiers) are quality actors. The script is flawless. Throughout the movie the stakes are raised so high which makes the pay off massive once its finished. Everything is tied up nicely without feeling the need for more. It just makes me happy to see a franchise given the steller attention, detail and love those 3 movies received.

I can see why Nolan didnt include aliens, justice league or any other of the DC universe in his films. They just wouldn't have fit the mature tone. It suits the Marvel studio films better because they're not grounded into reality so much and less intelligently written. You always know the Avengers are gonna pull through and no star of the movie is going to be killed off but that wasnt the case for TDKR. Yet nolan still manages to instill some humour as well without ever being out of place or over the top. The biggest problem for Man of Steel will be making an invincible alien suffer and have you believe they really might not pull through. Once that belief is gone then whos gonna care or worry about how the movie is gonna turn out?
                          Last edited by bash; 18-11-2012, 23:19.

Comment

Thanks Noobish and QC for defending me from the SPOILERS!!

Sadly watching Source Code has been postponed til tomorrow, apparently watching an old lady and a posh lad argue about beans in an australian jungle is to be my entertainment for the evening

Comment

The Dark Knight Rises(my panny plasma bought a whole new meaning to the word dark :S)

No need to elaborate here, just awsome from head to toe...and superior in every way to TDK.
                              Last edited by PaTaito; 18-11-2012, 23:34.

Comment

Working...
                              X