Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had 2 TVs wall mounted in the past ( one I mounted myself, the other I inherited) and IMO on both occasions they were too high. IMO middle of the screen at eye level whilst sitting down is where you want it. Most people tend to put them too high. Remember what it's like in the front row at the cinema? Crap! Too high.

Good luck!

Comment

Brad I 100% agree with you. It drives me nuts the heights that people mount their TVs at, so you're craning your neck back to see what's going on.

Eye level while seated is the way to go.

Comment

That's all fine having it eye level whilst sat down but its not ideal for playing on wii and so on...
        What's a nice compromise if we go a touch higher for games playing on wii?

Comment

The compromise is that it will be at perfect height for EVERYTHING except playing Wii standing up. Personally I'd just accept that compromise. I don't want a TV at a non optimal height for 95% of everything I use it for just so that it will be at a better (but still not optimal) height for Wii, but that's just me :-)

Comment

Thanks guys, really appreciate all your advice.
            I think I won't bother with the TV wall mount then!

Comment

Any recommend a decent 32" TV ?
              main usage- gaming! Not too fussed on all singing dancing smart features

Comment

Sony W7 is probably the best gaming 32" TV you can get. It has the best response time currently available. It's full HD, and has a lot of bells and whistles. You can get a HD-Ready version with less features, but there's only ?30 between them, so it seems a little pointless.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Sorry for OT. Daryl could you please update the online gaming NNID thread please. A shed load await

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Brad I 100% agree with you. It drives me nuts the heights that people mount their TVs at, so you're craning your neck back to see what's going on.

Eye level while seated is the way to go.
                    Depends how you sit on the sofa.

If you lay down then having it higher is nice, if you sit bolt upright then lower is better.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      Sony W7 is probably the best gaming 32" TV you can get. It has the best response time currently available. It's full HD, and has a lot of bells and whistles. You can get a HD-Ready version with less features, but there's only ?30 between them, so it seems a little pointless.

Cheers J0e, jeez there are so many sony's for sale on amazon.

this one?

Comment

hi guys

this might of been answered before my tv has just broke and I need a new one today. Can you guys tell me the cheapest TV that is best for console gaming at the moment. I don't want to spend a lot of money at all as I am going travelling again in 4 months so just need a small, cheap, HD flat screen to carry on playing through my back catalogue. It doesn't need any fancy features or anything, was thinking of getting one of the cheap options from places like Tesco or Sainsbury but thought I would ask on here first as someone may have an idea of a better TV for just a little extra etc. Hope you can help

Comment

Do you have a size in mind or a price range? That's going to make a real difference!

Toshiba have had a game mode in their TVs since 2008 and Samsung do a really nice range.

This 32" Samsung is ?269 and will do everything you want and more.
                          This 19" Samsung is ?115 and has a low lag rate.

You might need to shop around for a smaller and cheaper TV with a low lag rate.

Here's a database for some ideas: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/input-lag
                          Here's a guide to TVs for gaming: http://www.techradar.com/news/televi...nd-ps4-1158413

Comment

thank you very much, I don't have much idea when it comes to TV's. Price wise nothing above ?150 really and size doesn't matter, be happy playing good games on a screen the size of a stamp. Just need it to have 1 hdmi socket for my ps3/360, a scart socket for my wii, n64, ps2 etc and an aerial for my master system, nes etc

Comment

just had a look at your link to the 19" Samsung, for the extra ?15 would this one be adequate regarding lag rate etc

Comment

How about this?

19" Samsung.
                                ?147.29
                                100Hz
                                2 x HDMI
                                1 x SCART
                                1 x USB

I'm no expert, and maybe other people have some suggestions, but hopefully this has narrowed the field a little for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X