This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay tech heads, I need some advice.

What’s the best cheap HDMI cable that supports 18Gbps bandwidth?

I have 1 already (Audioquest - Pearl), but according to my instruction manual for my soundbar, to get HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, I need a couple more. The configuration, according to the soundbar diagram is:

TV to Blu-ray
    TV to Soundbar
    Soundbar to Blu-ray

The Audioquest cable cost £25, and I was wondering could I get something for less (times are hard!).

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
      Okay tech heads, I need some advice.

What’s the best cheap HDMI cable that supports 18Gbps bandwidth?

I have 1 already (Audioquest - Pearl), but according to my instruction manual for my soundbar, to get HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, I need a couple more. The configuration, according to the soundbar diagram is:

TV to Blu-ray
      TV to Soundbar
      Soundbar to Blu-ray

The Audioquest cable cost £25, and I was wondering could I get something for less (times are hard!).

I have some of these which I use on my PS4 & X-Box One & it feeds HDR nicely to the telly bobs

Work fine & super cheap

Hope that helps

Neil

Comment

I bought some of these last week, no problem maxing out the 18GBPS with 4K HDR, even as a 2metre cable

Comment

I've been reading about HDMI cables and I'm going to ask a really dumb question:

If my current set-up is showing 4K images from my PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / UBP-X800 4K UHD player and I'm getting Atmos etc. then I don't need to buy new cables? Is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            I've been reading about HDMI cables and I'm going to ask a really dumb question:

If my current set-up is showing 4K images from my PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / UBP-X800 4K UHD player and I'm getting Atmos etc. then I don't need to buy new cables? Is that right?
            Correct
            The cables you are using are fine

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              Correct
              The cables you are using are fine

Neil
              I thought so. They're years old so best to check.

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION], [MENTION=2447]EvilBoris[/MENTION] - thanks for the swift reply guys. Cables ordered. Now deliberating what shall be my first 4k film to watch in the meantime, tho’ I hasten to add I only own 3!

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION], [MENTION=2447]EvilBoris[/MENTION] - thanks for the swift reply guys. Cables ordered. Now deliberating what shall be my first 4k film to watch in the meantime, tho’ I hasten to add I only own 3!
                  No worries dude

Lol what films do you have to choose from?

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                    No worries dude

Lol what films do you have to choose from?

Neil
                    Godzilla KotM
                    Sicario
                    Annihilation

Love all 3, but which film will give my equipment a good workout?

Comment

Godzilla KotM
                      Sicario
                      Annihilation

I've not seen Sicario or Annihilation so I'll have to side with Godzilla lol
                      Should still be lovely looking in HDR

Neil

Comment

Anyone have the LG OLED C9? Is it good for 720p 1080p retro content?
                        Last edited by Jaz; 25-06-2020, 10:05.

Comment

Godzilla KotM
                          Sicario
                          Annihilation

I'm probably too late, but although I haven't seen the other two on UHD, I'd definitely say Sicario. I've only had my 4K setup a couple of months, but I've watched a fair few discs now and it remains the standout from a technical perspective. Insanely sharp and great use of HDR.

And watup my AmazonBasics HDMI cable brethren. Deffo the ones to go for, I got 3 for a tenner when I was doing my setup and they work great

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                            Anyone have the LG OLED C9? Is it good for 720p 1080p retro content?
                            I have the older E6 LG OLED and find it very good with the 720p from my 360s and Mega SG. I do need to experiment with the resolution settings on my RetroPie setup to see if going to 480p output would look any better. I doubt it though.

Comment

I've been working on the continued assumption that the C9 is the daddy of gaming TVs right now, so if it's not the case I probably need some steering in a different direction too. As we move flats I'll likely keep my cheap 720p TV for now, but as we plan out the spare room I'm definitely going to want to upgrade.

Comment

The C9 is the King, the Boss, da man.

You need no other television [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X