User Tag List

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Not normally a fan of new TV's as the image they put out just don't gel with me, I find it a bit jarring. Was just looking at a Sony KD55A1 set today though and I seriously loved the picture. Does anyone have one of these and can give opinions on it?

Think Sony’s just replaced the A1, so might be a good time to get one.

I have last years LG oled and I love it.

Pretty sure Super Monkey Balls has an A1

We need a new Tv, and i think i might go for this one:

https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-bravi...black/p3457866

Anyone know anything about it, is it good for the money and does the HDR thing well - will be using it with a Pro and maybe/probably an X?

Quick question folks. My eight year old TV had a line of pixels die last night, so i've given in today and bought a UHD 4k TV doofer. Now, just tried to update the video output on my PS4 but it's saying the TV doesn't support HDR, which it does????

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3th Racing PSN ID: Mr_Karate
    Is it an LG? You have to turn HDR on in the settings if so. LG and PS4 are not friends.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    It's a Samsung.

Go to picture settings, expert settings, then HDMI UHD color. You need to enable it per HDMI port.

I dunno why it's not just enabled by default

Quote Originally Posted by Pavey View Post
    We need a new Tv, and i think i might go for this one:

https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-bravi...black/p3457866

Anyone know anything about it, is it good for the money and does the HDR thing well - will be using it with a Pro and maybe/probably an X?
    They are really solid sets, the only real critisicm is that the Android interface is slow and the HDR is a long way off from the premium sets.

It's been replaced with the XF90 series, which packs a lot more punch.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoris View Post
    Go to picture settings, expert settings, then HDMI UHD color. You need to enable it per HDMI port.

I dunno why it's not just enabled by default
    I've enabled that but it's still saying no support for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I've enabled that but it's still saying no support for some reason.
    Could it be your HDMI cable?

The vast bulk of HDMI cables support 4k/HDR, but if you have a very old and cheap one, it may not. You just need a new and cheap one (don't ever buy expensive HDMI cables unless they're for a device that you plug/unplug a great deal, where build quality matters).