This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I'm also willing to bet it will have an ethernet port on the dock, because I'm still stunned the system launched without one.
    I agree with DT on this one, though for me it's more because no Nintendo console had an ethernet port built in. Maybe the N64DD. Also I doubt many relt on cables for many devices, maybe desktop PCs, but most people will be happt with just wireless.

Comment

This dufus is full of so much **** it’s unbelievable...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/nintendos_reggie_fils-aime_on_why_the_switch_uses_a_mobile_app_for_voice _chat

Originally posted by Reggie
      "Nintendo's approach is to do things differently. We have a much different suite of experiences than our competitors offer, and we do that in a different way. This creates a sort of yin and yang for our consumers. They’re excited about cloud saves and legacy content but wish we might deliver voice chat a different way, for example.
      "What we see is a situation where we know that Nintendo Switch is being played in the open, at a park, on a metro bus. We believe the easiest way for you to connect and have a peer-to-peer experience with voice chat is with your mobile phone. It’s always there, it’s always with you."

Comment

That makes no sense.

Comment

"We at Nintendo believe in doing thing's differently. That's why form 2019 your Switches internet connectivity will be delivered via your underpants - they're always there, always with you"

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Yay dec 20th, just in time for xmas
            Urgh, Amazon JP says it can’t be shipped to my location. That’s a first.

Comment

Never tried shipping direct as it’s random gamble which items they will & wont ship. I tend to just use my tenso mailbox as it’s less hassle plus zero import tax.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                Never tried shipping direct as it’s random gamble which items they will & wont ship. I tend to just use my tenso mailbox as it’s less hassle plus zero import tax.
                Aye, how much did Katamari run you including everything? Or is it not calculated before it’s ready to ship?

Comment

Paying the fees of just one game is not cost effective when using tenso so I usually bundle the stuff from several orders together, from amazon to tenso it will cost just it’s listed price of 2982 yen and the amazon shipping is free because the price is over 2000 yen.

Until tenso gets all my stuff and calculates the shipping I won’t know the final cost

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Hasn't a weakness in the casing been experienced by some/many? Maybe that could be a small revision they need to consider.
                    Yeah. Make the thing out of a sturdier bloomin' material so it doesn't crack after a few months of normal usage.

Comment

Or the screen scratching from the dock.

Comment

Era is going all in for the most part on the idea that after 21 months on the market Nintendo will unveil a Switch Pro with a redesign, super power GPU and a rejigged screen all because of the word 'flagship' being used in an unconfirmed report. You could argue the 2DS is flagship. Muppets.

Comment

What I see is a new hardware iteration with no new or more powerful parts, maybe a die shrink for the Tegra chipset but little more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            Era is going all in for the most part on the idea that after 21 months on the market Nintendo will unveil a Switch Pro with a redesign, super power GPU and a rejigged screen all because of the word 'flagship' being used in an unconfirmed report. You could argue the 2DS is flagship. Muppets.
                            Yea, although it may be some are confusing revision with upgrade. In that Nintendo does have a track record for releasing hardware iterations that 'slightly' improve the hardware (i.e. DSi, n3DS). It might be that Nintendo is also constrained by parts available - i.e. there is massive demand for mobile parts such as memory etc. So there may be slight changes although the specs the machines run at remain the same. But either way hopefully we see something with might include smaller/less chips, fanless design, improved battery life, better screen, more durable design and maybe a revised dock.

As someone who has so far not bought a Switch, this is a good reason to hold off. And it that sense great to get such an early heads-up.

Comment

Even if I play devil's advocate I find it hard to come to the idea of a major revision, certainly not one where the physical design alters without requiring a whole new line of standard NS incompatibly joycons etc. The physical design largely is what it is.

I suppose they could reduce the bezel (though without fixing the dock I wouldn't want that), they could do an New 3DS power lift but no Nintendo system has even meaningfully used that power either. Clamping down on the security by getting rid of the NVidia caused weaknesses of the current system makes the most sense and none of that necessitates more power - It's selling fine without expensive cost increasing and if anything the opposite design of stripping it to make it cheaper makes more sense - It's expensive kit in a way and it's long term momentum success will depend on getting the hardware down to mass market cost rather than pursuing a high end niche that even MS and Sony have seen limited success from.

Era seems overly fixated on the Pro/X comparison - ignoring that the Slim and S came first and were much more instrumental to sales.

Comment

I would be very surprised if it was more powerful, unless it was just along the lines of it being newer hardware that improved the kinds of things DigitalFoundry talk about, but wasn't like the New3DS with exclusive games. Like it would run Xenoblade 2 with less legwork from the adaptive resolution feature.

Comment

Working...
                                X