Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On our new Bravia you have to manually enable 'enhanced mode' on the external inputs in settings. With that done, only hdmi 2 and 3 are full fat 4K HDR. I think ports 1 and 4 can still handle 4K, but it's not what you want to get the most out of a Pro or an X.

Maybe check the manual to see if only certain inputs are 'full 4K HDR' ...

Cables are a consideration too. You may need a high speed hdmi cable.
    Last edited by Atticus; 12-07-2018, 20:43.

Comment

So, when I watch HD content through Netflix etc it's fine on the PS4, but playing games it's like there's been vaseline smothered over the screen??? WTF is going on? I'm gutted my plasma had developed a fault, this looks ****ing awful.

Comment

Motion handling on LCDs is nowhere near as good as a plasma unfortunately. I assume you’re using game mode with PS4 and have switched off any unnecessary processing? If there is a just scan option for 1:1 pixel mapping make sure it is on too.

Comment

Oh for the simplicity of a 20" Pye ...

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            So, when I watch HD content through Netflix etc it's fine on the PS4, but playing games it's like there's been vaseline smothered over the screen??? WTF is going on? I'm gutted my plasma had developed a fault, this looks ****ing awful.
            Which model have you got Colin?
            I'll do some reading up and see what can be done to optimise it.

I went from plasma to a Samsung QLED and have no issues with the things I was concerned I would see.
            Last edited by EvilBoris; 13-07-2018, 14:35.

Comment

I've enabled that but it's still saying no support for some reason.
              Is your PS4 plugged directly into the TV? If it's routed to your TV via an AV receiver then the receiver needs to be HDR compatible too.

Comment

New HDMI leads resolved the "your TV is not HDR" issue. You know what though, I'd still take my old plasma over this thing any day of the week.

Comment

New HDMI leads resolved the "your TV is not HDR" issue. You know what though, I'd still take my old plasma over this thing any day of the week.
                  What model have you gone for?

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                    We need a new Tv, and i think i might go for this one:

Buy Sony Bravia KD65XF8505 LED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart Android TV, 65" with Freeview HD & Youview, Black from our View All TVs range at John Lewis & Partners. Free Delivery on orders over £50.

Anyone know anything about it, is it good for the money and does the HDR thing well - will be using it with a Pro and maybe/probably an X?

that's 2 models / 2 years onward. Only a couple of £100 more

Comment

Think the only upgrade path from Plasma is OLED but im still not convinced it can replace our Panasonic

Just picked up a Pioneer Kuro for man room...720p panel n all its excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        What model have you gone for?
                        I bought this one -

We looked at the same size in QLED, and though I could see the marked difference in picture quality it wasn’t enough for me to justify an additional £2200. After much tinkering I’m a lot happier with the image now though. Samsung haven’t exactly made it easy, it’s a faffy TV to use. I suppose the biggest issue last night was having to go to Ikea and buy/build a new monster cabinet to house it as our old one was too small even though it was a 60".
                        Last edited by Colin; 14-07-2018, 07:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post

Just picked up a Pioneer Kuro for man room...720p panel n all its excellent.
                          Lovely - I bet last gen stuff looks wonderful!

Comment

I personally can't abide with plasma. Although I can see the difference with motion, I've always had LCD/LED because of the difference in brightness. I use my main living room TV as my monitor (I'm typing on it right now) and for the short time I had a plasma, everything white onscreen looked grey during the day; it was really off-putting.

Comment

Just got an LG 65C8 , gaming is awesome on this TV. I'm really happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                I personally can't abide with plasma. Although I can see the difference with motion, I've always had LCD/LED because of the difference in brightness. I use my main living room TV as my monitor (I'm typing on it right now) and for the short time I had a plasma, everything white onscreen looked grey during the day; it was really off-putting.
                                Yes, this is an issue with plasma. I love my 2012 Panasonic but it's pretty dark and, because I went for a cheaper model, lacks a reflectivity filter. Playing on a sunny day? Fuggedaboutit. You'll have an excellent view of yourself on the sofa looking disgruntled and not much else!

It was a trade-off I made to get the excellent dark room performance, which as a nerd who lives alone I'm well positioned to make use of. True Cinema mode with a Blu-Ray is really something special, and Game mode with its excellent colour and 16ms response is very strong too.

Eventually I want an OLED, but first I think my amp needs replacing :/

Comment

Working...
                                X