User Tag List

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    On our new Bravia you have to manually enable 'enhanced mode' on the external inputs in settings. With that done, only hdmi 2 and 3 are full fat 4K HDR. I think ports 1 and 4 can still handle 4K, but it's not what you want to get the most out of a Pro or an X.

Maybe check the manual to see if only certain inputs are 'full 4K HDR' ...

Cables are a consideration too. You may need a high speed hdmi cable.
    Last edited by Atticus; 12-07-2018 at 08:43 PM.

So, when I watch HD content through Netflix etc it's fine on the PS4, but playing games it's like there's been vaseline smothered over the screen??? WTF is going on? I'm gutted my plasma had developed a fault, this looks ****ing awful.

Motion handling on LCDs is nowhere near as good as a plasma unfortunately. I assume you’re using game mode with PS4 and have switched off any unnecessary processing? If there is a just scan option for 1:1 pixel mapping make sure it is on too.

Oh for the simplicity of a 20" Pye ...

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    So, when I watch HD content through Netflix etc it's fine on the PS4, but playing games it's like there's been vaseline smothered over the screen??? WTF is going on? I'm gutted my plasma had developed a fault, this looks ****ing awful.
    Which model have you got Colin?
    I'll do some reading up and see what can be done to optimise it.

I went from plasma to a Samsung QLED and have no issues with the things I was concerned I would see.
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 13-07-2018 at 02:35 PM.

I've enabled that but it's still saying no support for some reason.
    Is your PS4 plugged directly into the TV? If it's routed to your TV via an AV receiver then the receiver needs to be HDR compatible too.

New HDMI leads resolved the "your TV is not HDR" issue. You know what though, I'd still take my old plasma over this thing any day of the week.

New HDMI leads resolved the "your TV is not HDR" issue. You know what though, I'd still take my old plasma over this thing any day of the week.
    What model have you gone for?

Quote Originally Posted by Pavey View Post
    We need a new Tv, and i think i might go for this one:

https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-bravi...black/p3457866

Anyone know anything about it, is it good for the money and does the HDR thing well - will be using it with a Pro and maybe/probably an X?
    https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-bravi...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

that's 2 models / 2 years onward. Only a couple of 100 more

Think the only upgrade path from Plasma is OLED but im still not convinced it can replace our Panasonic

Just picked up a Pioneer Kuro for man room...720p panel n all its excellent.