Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you reckon the PS4 and Xbox3 will launch with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Sony can even afford it. Microsoft can just carry on selling Halo, Forza etc to the masses for the next 5 years as Nintendo still won't have a more powerful machine by then.

Comment

I cant see them both being released next Xmas, that would not really make any sense as they would both be chasing the same market. I would say Microsoft to blink first with next Xbox at Xmas 2013 and PS4 spring/summer 2014.

Comment

I don't think Sony can afford to get out third again.

Comment

To be honest i dont think they can really afford it at all but if they both launch next Xmas and are both priced at say ?400 then exclusive games will be mega important. Only good thing for Sony is i dont think the next Xbox will sell all that well in Japan again.

Comment

Who knows, it;s exciting times.
            Microsoft have a whole bunch of it's first party studios working on titles, exciting times.

Connected Experiences – Untitled Project – Design Large scale multiplayer title and help other first party studios
            Platform Next Studios – Untitled Project
            Lionhead Studios – Unannounced MMO-like New IP
            Microsoft Studios – London – Untitled Free-To-Play Project
            Press Play – Untitled Project[22]
            Microsoft Studios Vancouver – Untitled Project
            Microsoft Studios Victoria – Untitled Project

Then a couple of boriing sounding non-gamer prospects
            Playful Learning – Untitled Project
            Skybox Sports – Untitled Project
            Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment – Untitled Project

Who knows that they will launch with though, I don't think we will see them pull out any of the real big hitting titles like Halo or Gears for launch. It doesn't make sense to make those titles available to a small userbase.
            New generation is the perfect time to launch new IPs, get those titles into the hands of gamers ready to sequel it up.

I wonder if Microsoft could get Playground games to make a nice new PGR game though...
            Last edited by EvilBoris; 20-11-2012, 19:03.

Comment

Yeah, both Sony and MS will launch their consoles with exclusives. And none of them want to be the last one to launch. I bet both are working hard as hell to ensure that they in fact CAN launch next christmas in case the other one decides to do it. Though I suspect both would rather wait another year to keep making money on the current machines.

I suspect Ryse will be a launch title for the next Xbox. Showing us more "hardcore" gamers that Kinect 2.0 actually works, and can provide us with substantial motion controlled gaming experiences. I expect Kinect 2.0 to be a vast improvement of the current version, letting us control games with precise finger gestures, essentially requiring no more effort than swiping on your tablet (though many games will still be built around us jumping around in our living rooms).

Comment

Asbestos gloves .. those things are going to run hot hot hot!

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                  Asbestos gloves .. those things are going to run hot hot hot!
                  They can solve that with REALLY slow ram.

Comment

Let's hope Playground Games make Forza Horizon 2 and not yet another PGR.

Comment

Do we honestly need new consoles?

NO!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        Let's hope Playground Games make Forza Horizon 2 and not yet another PGR.
                        Haven't there been more Forza games than PGR games?

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                          PS4: The Last Guardian. Watch Dogs. Something by David Cage. Little Big Planet 3.

Xbox3: Gears of War 4. Call of Duty: Urban Face Shooter. GTAV.
                          Much as I'd love it I don't think it will ever see the light of day.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            Haven't there been more Forza games than PGR games?
                            Five of each if you include MSR and Horizon. Horizon though is a fresh take on Forza with an almost PGR approach and is better than all of them, put together.

Comment

Sad to think Sony have paid Team Ico's wages for 4 years and the only thing they have to show for it is a bill.
                              20 people work on it and get paid 2k a month the cost so far would be ?1.9 million (it has to be more for real) there's no way Sony would launch that game for PSDeath, they need as many people as possible to pick it up and PS3 is where those people are.
                              Last edited by Family Fry; 20-11-2012, 20:05.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
                                Much as I'd love it I don't think it will ever see the light of day.
                                But my beta copy sees the light of day every time I put it in my custom-firmware flashed PS3...

Comment

Working...
                                X