Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you reckon the PS4 and Xbox3 will launch with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Let's hope Playground Games make Forza Horizon 2 and not yet another PGR.
    Could not agree with you more my friend. I would absolutely kill for Horizon 2 but on a bigger scale.

Comment

Pen Pen Trilcelon
      Godzilla Generations
      Cruis'n USA

Comment

Super Mario 64
        Tomb Raider 2
        Super Metroid

Comment

The Ottifants
          Swagman
          Clayfighter 2: Judgement Clay
          Super Skidmarks

LAUNCH WINDOW

Iznogoud
          Cosmic Spacehead
          Globeduel
          Mic & Mac Global Gladiators
          Dam Dam Stompland
          Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2: Chris Tarrants Revenge.

Comment

I'm certain the next gen Xbox will have an upgraded 'Kinect 2' included from day one. It's no longer a peripheral then, it's an integral part of the system, and that's what I think Microsoft is going for.

At first I thought Sony would go for 3D as the main selling point of the Orbis, but they seem to have backed off from that now. Seems they're more interested in 4k up-scaling for the moment. I don't think they'll continue with the Move control system as it really doesn't seem that successful. They can't realistically go with the Vita/Orbis combo as a main selling point due to the huge costs involved, even if the combination has greater technical potential than a Wii U.

Sony just don't seem to have found their own gimmick like Nintendo and Microsoft have. Maybe they will just launch with an uber-powerful machine and yet another generation of Dual Shock and leave it at that?

Comment

Probably be something like a new Gran Turismo and Killzone for PS4 and Gears and Forza for Xbox720.

Depressing thing is the amount of sequels and variation in game genres these days. If it doesn't involve racing or shooting something then it just doesn't get investment.

I also think that the death of decent Japanese games, and the fact is that there is little variety amongst the consoles is one of the reasons that why other than the odd play of Civilization V on the PC, I have gone completely retro with my gaming.

Will have to be something special like a new Jet Set Radio or Shenmue, or something entirely groundbreaking, for me to pick up a next gen console I guess.

Comment

That Ubisoft game from E3...Watchdogs. Then the usual load of crappy film tie ins and upscaled ports of FIFA and COD.

I am def. ready to splurge loads of money on a new console, almost desperately so! If they haven't announced them by easter i am just gonna get a Wii U and be done with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                  I am def. ready to splurge loads of money on a new console, almost desperately so! If they haven't announced them by easter i am just gonna get a Wii U and be done with it!
                  Serious question: why?

It can't be for lack of games. I have an impossibly huge backlog for both my 360 and PS3, not even counting my older systems. I don't even own a Wii.

Is it because you think the current gen isn't visually appealing enough? Some console games are jaw-droppingly stunning.

Is it because you're yearning for the possibility of new and as yet unexplored genres? That'll never happen with launch games. It will be FPS, racing and sports titles. Maybe some family friendly crap too. As you yourself stated: usual tie-in crap. It's the current gen, in the last years of their life, that really start showing creative originality.

The only thing I can think of is the psychological boost of: "Hey! I now own something totally new! I am amidst the Zeitgeist of my generation!"

I'm not trying to be mean, I sincerely want to understand why you look forward to the new consoles, whereas I'm completely apathetic to them. In fact you don't just want them, by your own admission you want them desperately.

EDIT:
                  Wait... Sarcasm?
                  Last edited by Sketcz; 21-11-2012, 07:07.

Comment

People like shiny new things. No other reason I guess.

Comment

It's fun and exciting to buy and use new systems. Most of us here are early adopters, so we've all had the current gen machines since the mid noughties.

The tradeoff is, of course, that there is limited development time available and devs are unfamiliar with the hardware so unable to get the best out of it. But owning and using a new console - and being wowed by more advanced graphics or new ideas like the Wii U's Gamepad - is a whole lot of fun itself.

But if you're interested only in the software, and don't fetishize the hardware at all, then I can understand you wondering 'why?'.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                        But if you're interested only in the software, and don't fetishize the hardware at all, then I can understand you wondering 'why?'.
                        Exactly. I'm not a collector any more. I only care about playing/enjoying a good game, and then maybe writing about it. It's why I use a flashcard for my NES. All the games, authentically played, but without carts or boxes. Conversely I know people who line their shelves with mint boxed games, but never play them.

The WiiU looks to be one of the most disappointing systems for me, because so many of its games are ports. I mean, Assassin's Creed III? Isn't that on the PS3 and X360? Why would I want to buy the WiiU version?

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Comment

Surely you'd want to buy the WiiU version if you don't already have a 360 or PS3, i.e. if your only console this gen has been a Wii?

As for the games, who cares? I'm more interested in the inevitable E3 target render scandals!

But seriously, I'd like to see a new Ridge on PS4 and probably a game of some sort on the 360-2.

Bowing out of consoles now anyway(was this close to selling my single dual shock 3 to make a point about my PS3 being a BR/Netflix machine until Nights came out) so won't be buying either, but I'll still look at screenshots and watch E3s and join in discussions about how it's all the same but a bit nicer to look at.
                          Last edited by randombs; 21-11-2012, 09:25.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                            Surely you'd want to buy the WiiU version if you don't already have a 360 or PS3, i.e. if your only console this gen has been a Wii?
                            If your only console had been a Wii, then you're probably not even interested in that style of game. If, however, that kind of game floats your boat, then you probably bought a PS3, an X360, or both, long ago.

Comment

Alternatively, you decided that's not your style of game because you have a Wii and therefore can't play it anyway, or perhaps budgetary concerns meant just the one console(it happens).

I think it's really weird releasing AC3 on a new console when the previous versions weren't on it or the one before. It's almost like they're assuming you've got a 360/PS3 and have played AC/AC2 already(or a PC if they're on that). Similar to releasing Mass Effect 2 on PS3 or Shenmue 2 on Xbox, with both just having some video to get people up to speed.

Mind you, when they were demoing WiiU's Batman Arkham Thingy, they seemed at pains to show how much cooler it was using the screen, as though they were trying to convince 360/PS3 owners to rebuy it.

I get it now!

Comment

Ridge... No just joking

PS4 will probably launch with Watch Dogs and maybe Square Enix will release a game with their new engine.

I'm quite satisfied this gen and like the options to download older games which I hope PS4 will feature even more of. Hoping the PS4 will have some Vita connectivity too. I think some developers like Konami really struggled to work with some of this gen hardware, so hoping they can come up with the goods and raise the bar next gen like the PS2 days. I believe E3 will announce the consoles and Christmas 2014 release poss.
                                Last edited by JU!; 21-11-2012, 18:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X