No announcement yet.

PTE26: We Are Tekken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i remember at the time lots of rumours about the psone needed a special hardware addon to play tekken 3

Comment

Me and my family played Tekken 2, 3 and tag for countless hours. I remember finally understanding and executing chickens and feeling like boss until I started going to some underground invite only TTT tournies in Brixton and I shat my pants at the real masters. You always think you're special until you leave your front door and realise theres some aspergers type who cant function in the real world but becomes a Neo-like jedi on a console LOL

Comment

Tekken 2 was the best at the time. I was underwhelmed with Tekken 3 and although I enjoyed it, there wasn't the same impact that the second had with me.

Comment

Tekken 3!!!

because it's Tekken 3!

Comment

Who do you guys usually play as? I nearly always play as Paul Phoenix as he has some pretty straight forward juggle moves - double kick into a roundhouse!

In Tekken 3 I did play a fair bit of Hwoarang as well, just because he has the best looking combos!

Anyone here use King? always thought he'd be a nightmare to master.

Comment

Kazuya is my main from Tekken 1. Heihachi also. I like Baek and Yoshimitsu also.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I am a regular Paul user, with King as my go to tag partner.

Tekken 3 was the game in the series I was most into; from memory I think it must've been a fairly quiet time for the SF franchise, but it did look the absolute business at the time. I remember just before it came out spending a lot of time with a mate jumping between T2 and the T3 demo, trying to learn as many characters as possible whilst also balancing out the hype

Comment

The jump from 2 to 3 was the biggest and therefore had more impact IMHO. From seeing it running on the arcade to playing it on import at home was mind blowing. Not as big as seeing Ridger Racer, Tekken 1 and Toshinden running for the first time but still . . . .

Comment

Tekken 2 through to TTT had the best music.

In my life, at least, the series has always been the more casual fighter. Everyone at school preferred it over Virtua Fighter (just like how they all preferred MK over SF), so it always got the most play at games nights. Even now my GF likes a bit of a rumble on it here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      Tekken 2 through to TTT had the best music.

In my life, at least, the series has always been the more casual fighter. Everyone at school preferred it over Virtua Fighter (just like how they all preferred MK over SF), so it always got the most play at games nights. Even now my GF likes a bit of a rumble on it here and there.
                      I liked the Tekken 3 soundtrack more than any other game in the series. Actually, I'm surprised at how well done the SF2 soundtrack was, after hearing the stages probably thousands and thousands of times, they never got annoying (the ones I liked the most, at least). That's impressive.

Comment

Tekken Tag for me, loved the amount of characters available and the extra over haul of the graphics was great. Still need to buy Tekken Tag 2 will do soon still playing SCV, VF:FS and DOA5. I made the mistake of buying Tekken 4 back in the day and while it had some good points like Virtua Fighter 3TB feels like it was a miss step for the series, trying to introduce something new that did not work too well. Used to always play Tekken and Tekken 3 at friends houses and only briefly borrowed it.

By the way I use Jin and Jun.
                        Last edited by JU!; 07-12-2012, 13:52.

Comment

Working...
                        X