My Little Pony freemium controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Little Pony freemium controversy

Complaints prompt Gameloft, a developer of mobile phone video games, to reduce the cost of playing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Choice quotes:
    A "brony" is the term used to describe the adult fans of the My Little Pony game and of the TV show of the same title.
    and

a selected few hardcore older fans of My Little Pony who were wanting to progress through the game very quickly
    'Adult fans of the My Little Pony game'? Hmm.
    I wonder if there are any lurking bronies among us?

Originally posted by endo View Post
    'Adult fans of the My Little Pony game'? Hmm.
    I wonder if there are any lurking bronies among us?
    MonkeyJuggleDX aka fAmMYdODd will deffo be one.
    He played Hannah Montana after all.

Comment

Not me surprisingly enough.

Comment

I was almost certain speedlolita would be one...

Comment

Grown men shouldn't like this, sorry. Jeff Minter is a brony. Freaks me out to hear samples from Fluttershy or whatever she's called popping up in his games all the time.

Comment

I had never heard of this game before, but I will certainly be signing up for it now. If you want to add me as a friend, my user name is Maresplitter.

Comment

I'll let the Master Chief say something on it '' Don't waste your time on girlie games'' http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...xbox-in-israel

Comment

I was just surprised to learn that apparently there are hardcore fans of My Little Pony.

I think anyone who fits that description and isn't an 8-year-old girl should take a long hard look at their life.

Comment

Lol my brother is really into this and has sent me the DVDs for my kids, and both my five year old son and my three year old daughter love it. it's well animated and Is suprisingly well written for a kids show, its not the usual bland cutesy trash that's normaly aimed at young girls its full of monsters big battles and quite a bit of action.

Comment

My daughter has a MLP book. It's atrocious.

I made a banner for you brony fans. ctrl-f5
                    Last edited by charlesr; 07-12-2012, 11:25.

Comment

I know a number of adults, male and female, who are quite into the show. It does have a fairly serious adult following for a show more aimed at kids, but it isn't as obviously childish or child orientated as shows would have been in the 80s. I have yet to succumb... thankfully
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I hear horrific things about MLP fanfic...

Comment

Should be "jabrony"!

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            Lol my brother is really into this and has sent me the DVDs for my kids, and both my five year old son and my three year old daughter love it. it's well animated and Is suprisingly well written for a kids show, its not the usual bland cutesy trash that's normaly aimed at young girls its full of monsters big battles and quite a bit of action.
                            You are now a brony.

I downloaded and watched a few eps and decided it was just a typical repetitive kids show.

Comment

It's all about the insanity that is Pinkie Pie. My daughter loves it and I find it quite entertaining too.

Comment

Working...
                              X