No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully they can trace the problem Colin.

Little tester for you car buffs, anyone know what this is (I do, didn't know it was out)

Full size

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Well the XC60 is doing fantastically.

Traded my faithful old Saab in for it Saturday, all seemed fine. Left for work in York at 4am this morning only to have to turn around after half an hour as I thought the bloody thing was going to blow up. It just started violently juddering for no apparent reason, no way I was going to try and push on with the 250 mile drive. On the way back to the house it seems to have sorted itself out, but it's going back to the dealers when they open at 8am. No doubt it will run fine at that point and I won't be able to prove it.
      Bugger Colin.
      Hope it's nothing serious.

Still trying to get to the bottom of the Turbo issue with my one.
      Been trying to source a recon unit at the moment because they are around half the cost of a new one (?800 + VAT)

Searching for a new car still, but NEED my one running as it's been an absolute nightmare this last week without a working car, getting Chloe places has been awful.

I have never been this long without a car before & I can't see how people get by without them these days.

Neil

Comment

Know exactly how you feel. I've not had a car for five weeks. But have the missus car at weekends and have managed to use it twice to go to work. Don't quite live out in the sticks like you so public transport isn't so bad this way to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
          Know exactly how you feel. I've not had a car for five weeks. But have the missus car at weekends and have managed to use it twice to go to work. Don't quite live out in the sticks like you so public transport isn't so bad this way to be fair.
          Yeah it's horrible.
          Katie doesn't drive so we are only 1 car, Dad still works so no assistance there.
          I'm currently having to ferry Chloe everywhere on the Bus.

Have to get her to my Mums in the morning for childcare on the bus (or mum comes to us when she can) then have to get the bus again to work.
          Public Transport is ok here it's just making for incredibly long days for Chloe as she's up earlier than normal & home later too, not ideal so definitely need to get it all sorted ASAP.

Neil

Comment

You'll certainly appreciate being back in a car. We have the luxury of having two cars, but the wife needs hers most days, and mind should be fixed this coming weekend fingers crossed.

Comment

Well car is currently with Volvo, shift lost but now in York having driven down in a courtesy car. A BMW 116D Sport, which is without a doubt one of the worst cars I've ever had the misfortune to drive. If any of you own one of them, you have my pity. At this moment in time I have no interest in having the Volvo back, a car that has issues within 48 hours of purchase causing me loss of earnings is not high on my wish list.

And I have no idea what that black and white monstrosity is a few posts up.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                My uncle was telling me about his mate who bought a Ferrari, can't remember specific model, but from the 60s. A few years ago he paid ?45k for it after some payout he got and now they're fetching over ?300k. It's absolutely insane.
                Father in law is thinking of selling his Aston DBII MK 4. Bought for ?20k way back and now selling for a ?250k-ish.

It's scary.

Comment

The Volvos are really nice. I quite fancied the V40, but to get it with the gadgets I enter pushed me over budget.
                  That XC60 is aproper big car, I'm not surprised you found the Tiguan too small, it's a golf raised up higher off the ground!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    Father in law is thinking of selling his Aston DBII MK 4. Bought for ?20k way back and now selling for a ?250k-ish.

It's scary.
                    They are bought as assets now, in the same way that people buy property. They are a huge earner too as they are constantly increasing in value as the number of functioning cars will only ever decrease

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                      Hopefully they can trace the problem Colin.

Little tester for you car buffs, anyone know what this is (I do, didn't know it was out)

Full size
                      http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/im...2d0318e935e93a
                      New Lada?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        New Lada?
                        Looks like that little car (that you always see in Yellow) which has the reputation for being a motorway death trap. I cannot for the life of me think what it is called, but it's one of the less common brands, Suzuki or Dhaitsu or something.

EDIT:

Dhaitsu Copen

Comment

Yep Copen Mark 2. Japanese import, yours for ?13,995.

Comment

One of my ex girlfriends had a Copen.

It was certainly a very different car.
                            Always felt a bit like Noddy when I was in it.

It wasn't a bad little car though to give it, it's due

Neil

Comment

Noddy car, you're spot on there, totally see the similarities now you've said it.

I see two silver Copen's now and again so they must be fairly decent/reliable.

Comment

Just seen a yellow one. Just looked like another crap little car to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X