No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've searched but can't find the advert campaign in fancy magazines like The DuPont Registry, but basically, the campaign for for the Evora is "The Lotus Evora is not for you".

They're not talking to you though, [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION], you've had two now!

Comment

Damn Charles. Are you shaken up making a mistake like that? I had a major issue with driving confidence a while back myself. Few late braking incidents, misjudging gaps etc. Luckily no harm done.

Comment

Yeah, weird eh? It's more that I didn't SEE it. If I was tooling along and overcooked a corner and clipped something, I'd just think yeah, what a dick, I should have been going slower, but not seeing something right in front of me.... Made me consider if I'm paying enough attention while driving.

lol @ that Evora ad. All colours look good on it too! It could be monkey poo brown and still look good.

Comment

Looks like the blue barge is a go. It's a 2007 Foreseter STi with 48k on the clock (77k km - it's fresh import). (2007 is the last STi Forester released until very recently). I was thinking of another Legacy, but they are just too heavy, whereas this is only 1400kg, which is only 100kg more than my current wagon and is 100kg lighter than Lucy's WRX STi. Massive boot and the same hilarious handling and drive as the car I've hung on to for the last 8 years, but with more power and a 6 speed manual, so it won't be revving itself to death on the motorway. Must be getting old, but having the 555 gearbox has been hard work It will also get 27-30mpg instead of 23. OMG I am getting old.

I would have liked one of the new Forester Ts, but with only 200 being made and not a single one up for auction in Japan, there's no chance of getting one for a couple of years in the UK.

edit: deposit placed. Registered and ready to collect after Christmas. Excited!
          Last edited by charlesr; 14-12-2015, 19:56.

Comment

[MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] Cool!!!

For anyone who liked the idea of a GT86 but feels it's underpowered there's a 320bhp supercharged one with 7k on the clock for ?22k on the gt86 owners club site

Comment

lol, has it got the same sized wheels? Must be hilarious to drive.

Comment

Yeah its gonna need something wider on the rear!

Comment

I think he's balanced it all out with bigger wider wheels etc otherwise that would be totally uncontrollable!

Comment

There's a film called "The Anomaly" with a couple of cop cars in it - both Evoras [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]

Comment

Collected 'Scarlet' about a week before I flew out here to Canada, looking forward to getting back this weekend for a drive. Has to be better than driving here, -15 degrees today!

Comment

Well I bought one, spent a long time looking and missed a few, saw some others etc.
                        But got this, great condition all over including underneath, healthy engine, 55k miles on it, had the coils and such all changed recently. I OBD2 bluetoothed it to check temps, pressures, maf, battery etc. all great, all standard operating parameters etc. So very happy, looking forward to making a great project of it.

In fact I've already done a reset of all fluids, clean maf, replace oil, replace tranny oil, replace lsd oil, replace coolant with mazda fl22, check all lines, check electrics, check usual rx8 problems, its had a lot of money spent on it to keep it in good condition so its all good, full service history mazda dealership stamped for its entire life up in Cheltenham/Bristol.

So im very happy, its also amazing to drive, however the weather at the moment in Cornwall is ****e, and I live on a farm on a hill that gets blasted by rain and wind every night, so perhaps the height of winter was notttttt the best time of year to buy a slighty sporty car. But Im kept warm by the motoring embrace of the Rotary Spirit!

Comment

Very nice! I've always liked those. Love the way they squeezed the back doors in without compromising the style. Wish other coupe makers had nicked the idea.

Comment

Yes totally agree about the small back doors, the BMW i3 has them too.

Comment

I'd argue that having less discrete back doors on the i3 wouldn't really affect its looks in any meaningful way though ;-)

Comment

True. The i8 does look lovely in the flesh though.

Comment

Working...
                                X