No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup it’s an official Subaru prodrive option for the uk XT. Bhp is up from 226 to 256, torque up from 226 to 300lb and a custom map. Seems like a real nice sleeper.

Edit. Oh well the guy has decided to keep the car now so won’t be going to see that tomorrow then.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 16-03-2018, 16:40.

Comment

It's a sign, get a motorbike instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
        It's a sign, get a motorbike instead.

I wouldn't ride a motorbike if someone bought it and paid me to do so, I mean i'm tough, but i cant re-grow limbs. I may get an armoured APC instead, that way when people decide to cut me up, pull out on me or not give way on a roundabout because they are F*****G MORONS they will simply be pancaked.

Comment

I'm looking at rx8s...

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Forget anything like that for at least 5 years any get something that’s 1.0l engine. Otherwise the insurance WILL bum you hard.

Basically, every car you actually want, forget about
            You forget which continent I'm on. Nobody here has heard of a 1.0

Comment

I've booked a test drive for a BMW 4 series.

Just, well, because.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                You forget which continent I'm on. Nobody here has heard of a 1.0
                Your in Canada right? Subaru it is. If your taking it hard you may as well enjoy yourself 😉

Comment

I'm looking at a Legacy now rather than the Impreza. Hoping I can take one out for a drive in a week or two.

Comment

Must be a day for buying cars today, I came home with nearly 3 tons worth of British battle cruiser

Comment

Sounds good, dish!

Comment

Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6

Comment

Cool, my wife wouldn’t mind us getting a disco, will be interested to hear how you get on with it.

Comment

My dad has a disco 3. Top spec model with every conceivable thing included. Lovely car and is compliant as hell on the road with serious grunt.

However, when they go wrong, better get ready to bend over.

Comment

I fully read up on them first, part costs etc. I do all my own mechanicals so I’ll be ok in that respect

Dealer prices? No way!

Last edited by vanpeebles; 18-03-2018, 06:52.

Comment

Yeah an indie or DIY is the only way for us mortals to run a disco. Are the 4s any better? I'm looking at discos and pathfinders at the moment (not the new pathfinders that are hatchbacks in disguise). Anything else I should consider in that style?

Comment

Working...
                                X