Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
    Thanks Colin, sounds right up my street
    Sadly think the R might just be out of budget but a GTi might be more achieveable

Been looking at starting to do this myself now that we have the house & an outside tap
    Was never an option in the flat obviously
    Definitely a lot of options out there & much more serious than when I last cleaned my car at home back in 2003 (yes been using the local grubby cleaning hovels since then)

Neil
    There's a ridiculous amount of stuff you can do in detailing, but I'm trying not to go overboard. I've put all the lotions and potions in my Amazon basket and it tallies up to about £120!

To save you watching all the videos I have, I'm taking bits from these videos:
    In this video, we will walk you through 15 stages of detailing for beginners. Touching on many subjects from simple pre wash stages all the way through to de...

#carwash #detailingThis time we had this Seat Leon Cupra in for a Maintenance Detail. The car has already received our Signature Detail last year. Maintenanc...

Jonny visits a detailer who gives us tips and trick on how to properly wash your car. For more fantastic car reviews, shoot-outs and all your favourite Fifth...

I'll post this one because it's such a pretty car and it's quite therapeutic watching it get cleaned!

Comment

The post-cleaner spray he mentioned is $97 from Amazon here. Forget that.

Comment

I've given up on all that stuff. Now I just wash it once a month with cold water and some deep pile mittens

Comment

And put rallyflapz on so the sides don't get sprayed with mud

Comment

I paid to have the Official Subaru splash guards. They are worth it. I still have to put up with the spray from other vehicles who don't have them though.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              I paid to have the Official Subaru splash guards. They are worth it. I still have to put up with the spray from other vehicles who don't have them though.
              Hopefully they’ve improved over the 2002 versions that just collect crud in a weird pocket inside the guard. Such awful design.

Comment

Oh yes. $115 for four solid lumps of plastic. I should have just had someone 3D print some for me.

Comment

I like the Rally Armour ones, deffo help keep the car clean.

Comment

After nearly 60 years of lighting homes halogens will be replaced with more energy efficient LEDs

I'm assuming this will lead to the end of halogen headlights, won't miss them

Comment

Great, no more getting fleeced for Xenons or LEDs on cars in the future hopefully. I cringe at how poor the uprated halogens on my wee car are versus the LEDs on my estate car.

Comment

Don't think it can apply to cars in the quite the same way really. New cars are going down the LED/Xenon route already of course, but older cars that use halogen bulbs will continue to rely on them as their headlight lense optics are geared towards their particular light output (hence why people fitting aftermarket kits for HID bulbs in an older car for example will end up blinding other road users at night, plus it's now an MOT fail).

Comment

Glad to read those aftermarket HID kits are now an MOT failure as they are a nuisance.

Comment

Going to be selling the Scoob in the next month or so to make way for a new Mitsubishi Barbarian. Will be sad to see it go but excited to get a brand new vehicle for the first time.

Comment

Saw a nice Lambo Huracān parked outside the Smyths Toys in Reading earlier.

Lurid green it was.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                Going to be selling the Scoob in the next month or so to make way for a new Mitsubishi Barbarian. Will be sad to see it go but excited to get a brand new vehicle for the first time.
                                Mind them windows.

Comment

Working...
                                X